chap 6

" I  will be there late . I have an important surgery" Vishal  informed Swathi who just shrugged at his words. They parted ways to their respective work place.

" Diya why are you not trying for Dr. Vishak now a days " Aarthi asked Diya as she seemed not much interested into him.

" oh that.... one day I told him sir you look handsome do you know what he said..... he just smiled at me and said I'm married and resumed to do his work " Diya said dramatically while Aarthi laughed at her.

" Everytime  the men you try are  always taken " Ram told her trying to control his laugh.

" what can I do.  Always the handsome men are taken " she said pouting.  While others were making fun of Diya , Swathi was thinking of Vishal's words.

He did not want to hurt Diya's feelings so he just told her he is married politely.  He knew well she won't try to bother him again.

" doctor you are more cunning than you seem " Swathi thought in her mind.

They don't have much work as they have completed the task and now they are waiting for the reports so that they can move on further.  So they just spent their lesuire time with training and gossiping.

Vishal came back to the work place 7 at evening.  He was looking very tired and worried.  His face did not have the usual happiness. He started walking towards his room while Diya stopped him

"  Dr.Vishal have your dinner it's very tasty " she told him.

" I'm not hungry. You guys have your dinner.  I'm tired I will just sleep off " he said and resumed the walk to his room. Swathi felt something suspicious so after having dinner she called Vishak.

" hello mama . Is everything okay there " Swathi asked Vishak.

" yes Swathi everything is okay...  what happened why are you worried  " Vishak asked her.

" Is everything really okay " she asked again stressing the word everything.

" if you want to know about your husband you can ask straight " Vishak said smirking on the otherside of the call.

" Stop smirking maama. Now tell me what happened " she said irritated.

" His patient died during operation.  It was a complicated surgery and this is the first time he is facing this in his career " Vishak said sighing. Swathi stayed quiet.

" ok maama.... then ..." she started to say that she is gonna cut the call.

" look at this girl she just wanted information about her husband and once she got it she is cutting the call she didn't even ask me whether I'm doing fine or not " Vishak said to her.

" stop it drama queen " she said cutting the call before he could retort her.

Swathi took some food in a plate and took it to Vishal's room. When she opened the room it was pitch dark so she switched on the lights.

" why are you not asleep " Vishal asked her as she switched on the light.

" You should not sleep on empty stomach so have some food " she told him as he laid on the bed.

" I'm not hungry.  Now go and get some sleep " he told her. She just sighed and sat beside him on the bed.  He sat on the bed as he saw her walking towards him.

" have it " she told him.

" I told...  " as he opened his mouth to talk she stuffed a piece of chapati into his mouth.

" be a good boy and now chew it " she told him. His face held a small smile as he chewed the food. She kept feeding him with her hands while he had everything without any tantrums.

" look you said you weren't hungry but you ate the whole 5 chapatis " she said as she showed him the empty plate.

" now get some sleep.... such things happen in life take it easy and move on " she said as she left the room.

" can you bring me water " he asked her to which she did not reply anything.

She came back with a bottle of water. She placed it on the table and was about to leave when Vishal stopped her.

" Can I hug you... only if you are comfortable  " he asked her. She thought for a while and moved towards him as he need it most at this time.

He hugged her for the first time she is in his arms willingly.  He could never forget this moment in his life. He breathed her scent in as he stayed in her embrace.

" Thank you " he said as he came out of her embrace. Swathi went to her room which is opposite to his and breathed out.

She couldn't sleep again and it's because of him. She knew he won't be able to sleep as its the first time someone is dying on him even she has faced the same thing in the beginning of her career. She sat up and sighed as her brain is eating her out

" I'm going to kill you for messing up with my mind doctor " she said gritting her teeth . She went outside her room stood there few minutes.  She hit her head on her door as if it would clear her mind but it couldn't. She rubbed her head and went ahead.

She opened Vishal's door and entered his room.

" why aren't you asleep Swathi  " Vishal asked her as know well that only she would enter his room without knocking or his permission as if like she needed it.

" why aren't you " she asked him in return. He did not have answer for that so he stayed quiet.

" I'm sleeping here tonight " she declared .

" But we don't have couch here " he said as they always slept like that.

" Scoot over I'm sleeping on the bed " she said and he moved aside with smile on his face . Even in the darkness she could feel him smiling but she did not want to spoil his mood so she stayed quiet and layed on the bed... 

******

How is the story guys..