chap 17

Swathi overheard Ashwin's conversation and when she reached home she found that Nithya left with a note. She was totally confused.  She couldn't believe that her sister could do such thing. She knew well something is there which is hidden away from everyone's eyes and soon it will be revealed too.

Swathi laid on the bed thinking of everything to gain a small loophole. Vishal saw Swathi in deep thoughts.  He did not want to disturb her at this moment because he knew she is thinking of some solutions and if he interferes then he would be the scape goat.

So he just let her be in her thoughts and laid on the bed beside her. He wrapped his hands around her .

" Stop crushing your brain and sleep " he mumbled as he closed his eyes.

" I have to think of a way.... As akka left she took away all happiness in our home.... don't you get it and here you are trying to sleep " Swathi told him in anger.

" she will be back " he said as he closed his eyes not caring that she scolded him.

" what.... how can you be sure " she asked him.

" Just my instincts.... " he said. She just sighed.

" Just sleep Swathi everything will be fine soon " he said.

Sleep was a forbidden fruit for Swathi as her mind was totally filled with her sister's thoughts. Realizing her state Vishal pulled her more close to him. Swathi let out a shaky breath and he did not react.

She closed her eyes tightly and wrapped her arms slowly around him. Her heart was beating very fast.

Vishal opened his eyes as he felt her arms around him. He smiled and kissed on her forehead still he could feel her running heart beat and shaky breath.

" Don't you think I should be sleeping on the couch " Vishal asked her playfully.

" why " Swathi asked him confused as she looked at him.

" Did you really forget that you punished me to  sleep on couch " Vishal exclaimed. Swathi  pinched him on his back making him cry out in pain.

" stop womanhandling me " he said out still in pain.

" what does that mean " Swathi asked him confused.

" If a man hits woman then its manhandling in the same way if the woman hits man then its called womanhandling " Vishal said as if he has discovered something like Einstein.

" Did mom drop by any chance when you were a child " Swathi asked him.

" Not that I remember. Why do you think so  " He said after thinking.  Swathi wanted to hit herself on the wall.

" Because sometimes you behave like a mentally retarded person " Swathi told him with a light smile playing on her lips. Vishal pulled her more close and placed his hands on her bare skin.

" Am I now " he whispered slowly.  Swathi stilled as she felt his hands.

" it's just me baby " he to her looking into her eyes while she tightened her hold on him. She slowly breathed out.

Her hold on him was hurting him but he stayed quiet.  All he wanted was to make her comfortable with him.

" love you " he said kissing her forehead. She still had her tight hold on him while he laid awake until she slept....