𝘿𝙄𝙀𝘾𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙀𝙏𝙀. "𝘽𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙃𝘿𝘼𝙔 𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇" ▸ 𝙈𝙄𝙉 𝙔𝙊𝙊𝙉𝙂𝙄.

!ℂ𝕎! 𝕟𝕠𝕟𝕖...𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪.

"happy birthday! oh, i've missed you, babe!" your best friend said. you hadn't seen them in a little over two years, and they'd come to seoul to see you. since you moved to korea after winning a scholarship to study abroad in a country of your choice, you hadn't seen a lot of your family and friends in a bit, then covid hit, making everything worse. it was definitely an adjustment – the language, the food, the people; covid not making it any better – but once you got it all figured out, everything became easier.

    six months in, you met a guy named min yoongi.

    lee jaengmin, your personal guide of korea since your second week there, also good friend, introduced you to him at a party he was hosting off-campus. you and yoongi immediately hit it off, even though being polar opposites, he more laid-back and introverted and you outgoing and extroverted. jaengmin walked over to him from across the room, yoongi swallowing the contents of a red solo cup before looking into the direction jae was pointing in. you looked away, trying not to seem as if you're staring. you noticed him coming towards you, then finally locked eyes with him when he handed you a red cup.

     "do you drink soju?" he asked softly in a low voice that sparked the smallest amount of excitement inside you. at this point, you actually couldn't take your eyes off him. his light smirk-smile, his pretty brown eyes, his soft, honey brown hair. he leaned closer to you, and you took the cup from him.

    "thanks," you blushed, trying to hide it with the cup. you looked back over at him and smiled.

    by the end of the night, you were super drunk, while yoongi was slightly tipsy, despite drinking more than you. "looks like the foreign girl can't hold her liquor," he said, guiding you to his car. he was taking you to his place because you were too intoxicated to tell him where you lived.

    one thing led to another after you sleepily saw him moving around the apartment shirtless, instantly waking you up. and it was the best you had in a while. three weeks later, you made it official.

    coming back to the present, you looked at your friend, trying to force a smile. "oh, thank you," you pulled them into an embrace to hide your sadness.

    you didn't think you'd be spending today without yoongi, yet here you were. you hadn't seen him in almost a month after he had to go back to daegu because his mother had fallen ill, and he wanted to be with her. you hadn't heard from him in three days. and it hurt.

    you didn't want to seem selfish. that wasn't your intent at all. nor jealous. but after all it was your birthday, and you had no contact with him for three days. not even a good morning or happy birthday! ❤  text. it felt like he barely cared.

    this thought filled you with sadness. looking over at your friend, you said, "hey, i'm gonna step outside, i'll be right back," smiling and motioning for the exit.

    "yeah, babe, i'll be right here," they said, blowing you a kiss.

    as you were making your retreat for the out of the club, you bit back the tears and once the chilly air hit your face, you let out a muffled sob into your hands. all of the frustration and sadness let out of you, burying your face into your hands and pulling your hair back. pressing your side to the the outside wall of the club, you were distracted by your phone buzzing with a text from ... yoongi? anger as well as uncontrollable happiness filled you, and you opened it as soon as the notification appeared on your screen.

look behind you.

you locked your phone and did as the message said. and there he was, behind you, smiling.