LV

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
June 29th

I kiss her cheek and then Kaitlyn's head. I'll literally be down the hall and they'll be together. With the police.

I don't have to worry but it's hard not to.

Ugh...my head hurts.

I walk out of the room and meet Jordan in the hallway. He can tell from my eyes that nothing good came from the conversation I just had.

All I want is for this to be a dream and for me to wake up at home. All of this except for one part. I've only heard one good thing all day.

Probably the best news.

"Hey, Baby," Jordan says taking me into his arms. His scent calms me. But not as much as I would like.

"Is she good?" he asks but I'm sure he already knows the answer. I just wrap my arms around him and let out the breath I've been holding since I walked into that room.

There has got to be an end to this. It's becoming more than I can handle.

"I have to get a hold of Maya. Fast," I mumble into his shoulder. He clears his throat and rubs my back.

"I called Bryson and he tried calling her a few times. He couldn't get her," he speaks calmly and my nerves can't seem to settle.

"This is starting to worry me," I sulk.

"Maybe she lost her phone or something in The Bay. You know Maya. When she's having a good time, she does irrational things," he says. I know he's trying to help but it's been 16 hours since I've heard from her.

Her story is empty.

This doesn't make any sense.

"She wouldn't be gone so long and not say anything. We're supposed to meet today. She would've found a way to contact me," I inform him.

"I know that you're going to be worried right now because of everything going on but I'm sure Maya is fine," he says. My head is starting to hurt.

Even more.

"I at least want to tell the police. She could potentially be in danger. It's not like he doesn't know who she is," I tell him.

It's hard to think about but we never know.

He looks down and sighs.

"I already did," he confesses quietly.

"Oh," I say all I can.

I know he's just trying to calm me. My thoughts aren't irrational at all. Or he wouldn't have done it already.

"Like you said...it's just precaution. We'll get a hold of her," he says pulling me back into him.

Maya's POV-June 28th Night of Fire

Gosh my head is pounding. And this sunlight doesn't help at all.

What time is it?

I feel for my cellphone but come up empty. I fell asleep with it in my hand. Even if it was in the bed...which it isn't...it would be dead.

Did I mention that my head is killing me?

I straighten up in the bed and look at the clock to tell me the time.

1am.

It feels like it's morning. I don't even remember how long I've been out for. I mean...I remember what we did yesterday but I didn't expect to be asleep this long.