XVII

SWIPE AND HIT PLAY FOR MUSIC!

Gabby's POV
•€•
November 18th

An uncomfortable silence fell throughout the car as we made our way to the hospital. Maya's loud sighs and deep breaths allowed me to sense how uneasy she is.

"What's the matter, Babe?" I question as I watch her gaze out the window. Her mind seemed to wonder to everything she passed.

"He's staying with his mother until he gets better," she says. I don't see the problem but she sounds as if there is one.

"Okay, you can still go over there. Do you not want to?" I ask keeping my eyes on the road.

"I'm not going over to his mama's house every time I want to see him," she pouts. I can't help but feel annoyed by her comment.

"I swear...if you don't have a loose screw somewhere, something is wrong with me," I mug rolling my eyes. Maya can be the most difficult in the worst times.

"Look, when Jordan was recovering he asked you to help him out," she says in a slightly annoyed tone, flapping her arms.

True.

And?

"That's because he didn't have anyone here," I respond. "I'm still hella confused," I mug. I don't mean to come off as harsh but the man nearly lost his life and she's whining.

She sighed and took a deep breath before she responded.

"You know how you told me that when Jordan got shot you felt like pain for him. Like every time you saw him, you could feel where he got hurt," she turns to me and says softly. I simply nod and remember that very moment.

"Well, I don't feel that," she burst out, plopping back against the seat and bringing her phone to her face.

"So because you can't feel his pain you are done with him. After what you both just experienced?" I ask as I watch her stay silent.

"Weird bitches like you make my stomach churn," I chuckle as I watch her peek over at me from the corner of her eye.

"You wouldn't get it," she mumbles now looking  seriously annoyed.

"Maya, what's the matter?" I ask now being able to tell that she was being serious.

"Forget it," she says and I waste no time pulling over. She looks hurt and I want her to talk to me.

"No, talk to me," I say parking the car. It's not all the time I get to see Maya's vulnerable side and I am genuinely concerned.

She lets out a small sigh before she begins.

"Jordan is the first person that you have been with since I've known you and you guys seem so perfect together. Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond happy for you but I've been trying so hard to find someone and I always end up getting hurt," she explains.

"Maya, you don't have to force anything. Jordan and I are far from perfect and we are still getting to know each other but you will find someone that treats you as special as you are. Trust me," I say taking her hand in mine as a tear fell from her eye.

"Look at you making me cry, you sappy bitch," she chuckles making me laugh with her. "Got me crying like a punk."

"Shut up," I laugh pulling her in for a hug. Maya always given the impression that she doesn't really care about anything but I know she does. She just wants to find the love she never had.

My morning consisted of making sure Maya was good. She was going through it and I needed to make sure she was good.

That didn't mean I couldn't have the evening to myself. Better yet...with Jordan.