.-~Chapter Six ~-.

'~Delilah~'

The weather was perfect. Dark clouds, light rain. Sitting in a small cafe while drinking hot chocolate and a good book.

I'm in heaven right now.

Miles has a late meeting which means the house was empty, which also means that if I stay there alone I'll be paranoid over every single sound I hear. Yeah I'm always scared, the smallest sounds put me on edge, horror movies give me nightmares, not that I don't get them regardless.

Going to the cafe to read my book just seemed like the better option.

Sipping the hot chocolate, I try to warm myself from the slightly cold September weather.

I flip the page of my recent read, entranced by the world and characters.

I'm jolted from the other world I was in when I hear someone talking loudly in the usually quiet cafe.

I look up to see two familiar figures.

Liam is practically vibrating while Connor listens with an expressionless face.

"Did you see the goal I scored?" He goes on to explain how he's so fast he could outrun a cheetah 

I stifle my laughter at Liam's craziness

Liam tells the waiter very cheerfully what he wants to order while Connor tells him his order quietly.

Connor cuts Liam a side glance while they wait for their order "I was there Liam I saw the goal"

"But you didn't see it from my point of view so let me finish"

Connor rolls his eyes, turning slightly, he catches me looking at them.

I give him a small smile and wave.

Connor's eyes widen, the same unreadable look on his face, he nudges a blabbering Liam.

Liam looks annoyed at being interrupted again but his expression changes to a happy one when he takes a look at me.

"Sunshine" he says rather loudly attracting a few stares.

I try to focus on the two, as they walk closer to my table rather than the few people who are looking our way.

"Hey" I reply back quitely

My voice quiets down sometimes when attention is on me. I don't do well being in the center of things, especially not in the center of Connor's gaze.

I'm not blind, I know that Connor is.. well handsome. He's got the piercing blue eyes, his dark brown hair that sits a bit messily on his head, somehow he makes it look good without even trying. Not to mention how tall he is.

Connor attracts attention wherever he goes, which is why I always wonder why he would talk to me out of all the others at school, especially since he barely talks to anyone. Sure we've known each other since we were young, but that doesn't explain it. Maybe he's just being friendly?

"What brings you here?" Liam asks me with a grin

A smile is on my face, I shrug "just reading" I say gesturing to the open book sitting on my lap.

"What about you two?"

Connor opens his mouth to answer but before her can Liam interrupts "we're just here grabbing drinks after practice"

His eyes light up

"What to hear about the amazing goal I scored?-"

Connor cuts him off by muttering an "Oh god"