.-~Chapter Thirteen ~-.

'~Connor~'
(Tw: panic attack/breakdown)

It was the last day of practice before the big game tomorrow. I've never been one to get nervous before a game but today I woke up completely agitated. I'm a nervous wreck.

Which isn't supposed to happen. I'm the team captain. The guys depend on me to calm them down.

I look back at my team, who are taking turns kicking the ball to the goal.

"Reed you're up" Coach yells.

I jog up to the ball before kicking it, it shoots towards the goal missing the goalie's hand. I grin slightly, my nerves wearing off after the shot I made.

"Good job Connor" Coach yells again before calling the next name.

"Good shot West" one of my teammates John calls out to me.

I nod back at him in thanks before making my way to Liam who is grinning like a fool.

Nothing new.

"Feeling good?" he asks after fist bumping me I let out a breath "Yeah, I just don't understand why I'm so damn nervous I'm never nervous before a game"

"It's normal, first game of the season, plus were juniors they'll be scouts there"

I frown "I told you Liam, I love soccer but I'm not going professional I'll stop right after high school."

"Well that's just idotic." Liam counters back to which I only respond with a glare. "you're a really good player, Connor. I don't get why you don't want to continue."

I shrug in response trying to stop this conversion from continuing further. I don't even let myself think about it for too long.

"Hey Connor, Liam" I glanced at my teammate and semi friend Cameron who was jogging up to where Liam and I were standing.

Cameron is one of the many guys I grew up with in this small town and even smaller school, and yet even though the town's tiny it's festivities seem to never end. Cameron has dark brown eyes and the same dark blonde hair as Liam although Liam's hair is darker and messier.

We talked with him for a few minutes. Cameron is one of the few guys I can tolerate and talk to without losing my mind.

"Come on" Coach yells, clapping his hands trying to gain the guys attention.

"What's up with them?" I ask Liam. Noticing how half of the guy's eyes are fixed on something behind me.

"Oh no" Liam mutters. "What?" I ask, looking towards him. Before I can fully turn to see behind us he pushes my head towards the front not letting me look behind.

"L-iam" I sputtered out angrily "what's wrong with you?"

"Okay, I need you to calm down and take some deep breaths before looking behind you."

"What are you talking about?" I say my tone getting more agitated by the second.

He looks at me like I'm a ticking bomb waiting to explode. I look behind me and immediately freeze at the sight.

Delilah.

She's walking backwards talking animatedly to Mia who is listening with an expressionless face, Delilah is glowing from the sun, her dark hair accedening down her back in not long nor short waves. She looks amazing.

As usual.

They're both walking outside the field, heading towards the bleachers.

They came to see our practice.