.-~Chapter Twenty Five ~-.

'~Connor~'

It's a cold Thursday afternoon, we're officially deep into the winter season with winter break being just a day away.

Three weeks of no school, I couldn't wait. My only issue with the break was the gnawing fear that I wouldn't be able to see Delilah as much as I see her during school.

I see her almost everyday for long hours and yet I can never get enough of being with her.

Which is why she's currently reading her book with a blanket under her while I practice on the field for my game tomorrow.

It wasn't that hard to convince her, all I had to do was bring her the blanket and she was set. Halfway through my practice I noticed she was shivering despite her warm clothes, I jogged over to her quickly giving her my favorite hoodie.

One look at her with it on and I never wanted it back, not when my clothes looked so damn good on her.

I don't think it was the clothes, it was just her.

"You doing okay Lilah?" I called out to her as I dribbled the ball around me.

Her head lifts up from her books and she shoots me a huge smile with thumbs up, "I'm very happy," she calls out.

I chuckle at her cuteness, she had the purest soul and the most innocent personality which made me want to wrap her up in my arms and never let go.

"I'm glad." I said back to her before continuing to shoot the ball in the goal as well as doing some other training exercises.

Coach had dismissed us earlier to rest but I couldn't physically sit down and relax until I was sure I was as ready as I could be.

Besides with Delilah sitting close by I had everything I needed.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I don't know how long I've been training but my muscles have started to burn and protest, but I still don't feel ready.

And I had to be ready, I was captain. Not being ready wasn't an option.

No way. Not when everyone on the team including the coach is counting on me.

Being captain was something I loved to do, it was one of the handful things that brought me joy in life, I liked leading a team and I liked it even better when we won. My teammates respected me and looked to me for guidance, guidance I didn't know I could offer until Coach asked me to be captain a year ago.

Delicate and warm arms encircle my waist from behind making me jolt from my thinking, I look over my shoulder to see Delilah with her cheek pressed to my back with the sweetest most content look on her face.

God, would I ever stop falling more in love with this girl.

"Hey," she murmurs softly. The blanket she was sitting on is now wrapped around me as she continues to hug me. "Hi," I say back just as softly as she did while closing my eyes in content and leaning even further towards her.

I was like a moth, always attracted to her light, no matter how dark it was.

"How about we call it a day, yeah?" She asks tentatively with a hint of wariness in her voice.

I stiffen at the suggestion before relaxing again. I start to shake my head but she interrupts me by tightening her arms.

"You're ready Connor, you'll be amazing tomorrow, but if you keep this up you'll be too drained to play properly."

"You need rest," She insists softly yet sternly.

I spin around to face her, "but I haven't had enough of seeing you yet." I tell her seriously.