.-~Chapter Eleven ~-.

'~Connor~'

I lean against our kitchen's door frame, a small smile sitting on my face. I listen in on my Mom questioning Annabelle about where we were yesterday. Ana hasn't stopped talking for five minutes straight.

"She's so pretty mama, like a princess and she's nice. She played with me and told me we could play again."

My mom's eyes light up as she listens carefully "And how was your brother with her?"

She took a second before answering "Do you remember when we watched tangled mama?"

"Yeah sweetheart I remember"

"Connor looks at Delilah like Flynn looks at Rapunzel"

My eyes widen as my Mom's smile grows.

"Really!?" "Mhm" Ana says nodding

"Okay that's enough" I say sweeping into the room.

My Mom frowns at me "Well you wouldn't tell me anything and Liam doesn't know, I had to ask"

"Seriously Mom, Liam again?"

She shrugs her shoulders, flicking her dark brown hair behind her. My mom is beautiful, she has hazel eyes and shoulder length hair, and a always bright smile on her face even through all the hardships she's been through.

"About Liam, he says he'll be having a talk with you"

I roll my eyes before busying myself with making a smoothie.

"So..." mom draws against the counter next to me

"Mom" I say sternly "I thought you questioned Ana already"

Upon hearing her name Ann looks up her mouth stuffed with pancakes.

I grin, shaking my head at her before turning around to make the smoothie.

"Well I heard about your day from a four year olds perspective, don't you think I deserve to hear the story from yours."

"No"

"Connor Wes-"

"Not going to work Mom"

"Plus I'm late for school, goodbye" I kiss her cheek quickly, ruffling Ana's hair on the way to the door.

"This discussion isn't over."

"Love you too Mom"

The door closes behind me and I let out a relieved breath before rushing to my car.

I didn't want to take my chances and have her finish our talk in the driveway.

A ringing sound stops my hand from opening the car door "What?" I say answering the phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Con?" A hesitant voice asks

I freeze my hand still on the handle

"Lilah" I ask? How'd she get my number I spent the whole fraction of yesterday trying to work up the courage to get her number but I couldn't.

"Good morning" her bright voice fills my car as my phone connects to the cars speaker

"Good morning" I say, my voice breathless. Gosh, all she said was good morning and I already feel like this.

I can hear her smile while she talks "I hope it's okay I got your number from Mia, she said you guys worked on a project last year"

I vaguely remember working on a project with Mia sophomore year.