Back Home

Rivet's P.O.V

Everything seemed to freeze when Ratchet collapsed. I waited about 20 seconds to see if Ratchet got up but, when Ratchet didn't I knew something was very wrong. I quickly ran over and saw that the bolt of lightning had burned his shoulder badly and I relized it was still very warm.

Alister soon followed me to Ratchet's side with nanotech and bandages in hand before breaking the capsule of nanotech over his own leg and quickly moved it to Ratchet's shoulder. The nanotech went to work on Ratchet's shoulder healing a good amount of it but, it was still bleeding which was concerning. Alister had picked Ratchet up and covered him in the spare jacket before we both made our way back to the house making sure to contact kit to have a first aid kit as well as a pillow and blanket available.

As we used our hooverboots to get a bit more distance faster I saw Alister constantly checked on Ratchet's condition which made me relize that there was more to my dad then meets the eye. Despite what Clank told me I could tell Alister was trying to make it up to Ratchet even though Ratchet shouldn't have any recollection of the events while my dad had likely been forced to watch it over and over again.

In Alister's arms Ratchet had passed out fully and was in pain despite the nanotech used. The storm had tapered off for now so it became easier to make progress home and luckily I saw the house in the distance. As soon as we got back we were surrounded and everyone had gone to do different things. Kit's eyes had taken on a very concerned look seeing Ratchet's injuries before looking towards us and then running off and returning shortly after with a spong and more wrapping for his shoulder.

Alister layed Ratchet on the couch and covered him up before sitting across from him and right next to me. We both were beyond worried as Ratchet hadn't woke once on our way here except occasional hisses of pain. I hate that Ratchet is injured and I couldn't do more then what I already have. How did Ratchet not sense the electricity in the area while me and Alister felt it almost instantly? He's usually the perceptive one of his surroundings. What was different? I will have to try asking him later but for now I needed to try getting my dad to relax. He's been gripping his wrench tightly as if trying to keep himself from attacking the entire leviathan species here. I could already tell it's going to be a very long night.