Uncomfortable Silence

Clank's P.O.V

The tension in the room was so prominent that even I could feel it despite being a robot and Kit could too as she was fiddling with her fingers and tapping them together which in turn was making Rivet nervous as well. For Kit it was normal for her to get this way, but as I looked Rivet was showing concern seemingly towards Ratchet as she stared at him and looked about ready to request he didn't fight though unfortunately she knew well enough that he wouldn't stay put.

Lombax instinct can be a scary thing but can be very helpful, especially in situations like this. Ratchet's was a bit out of tune but, in the last few years after the incident at the clock, his senses seem heightened and more often then not he moves out of the way of a possible threat without even seeing it first however there are times he doesn't react in time and ends up hurt. I didn't know what hardship he went through In my absence and that scared me. I have unofficially decided my duty was to protect him as best as I could or become scrap while doing so though the first option was preferred.

Seeing a good chunk of the lombaxes here after we've been searching for traces for years was it's own reward and hopefully we'll be able to stay strong to defeat this new threat with everyone still alive though that was wishful thinking as war never ends without blood shed. Ratchet himself seemed oblivious to Rivet's concern as he was focusing on the battle plan created. From what I've gathered the others were going for stealth to try getting the upper hand against Tachyon's army however what they don't relize is that the others with him they have likely never seen unless they somehow got event details from this dimension on enemies we've encountered.

I want to think positively but, you learn not to get your hope up in the line of work all of us have been. Each adventure we went on could of killed any of us and In a alternate timeline Ratchet wouldn't be here and despite the abilities the clock granted to me and Sigmund it was unable to remove Ratchet's subconscious memories that something was definitely off at one point.

Soon enough familiar orange fur came into view as green eyes met with green eyes as Ratchet had lightly tapped my antenna to get my attention before pointing at a group of zoni that had came around. I had said "thank you for letting me know" then I went over to see what was wrong hoping they didn't need me to return to the clock right away though was quickly surprised when they once again showed a very brief image that to my horror showed a massive army being lead by Tachyon and the image of Ratchet looking very injured and was coated in blood though who's blood it was I was unsure. Was it Ratchet's, one of our friends or allies's or was it the enemy's? Soon enough however the image was gone and the words "the Emperor is more powerful watch out master" was said before I was back and surprisingly in Alister's arm instead of Ratchet's as alister was apparently closer.

It didn't take long to relize I was surrounded with several looking concerned before a gray furred lombax crouched down to my level asking "Are you ok mr.clank? I think thats what I figured your name was."

I had nodded before asking Alister to put me down which he did without further instruction and I asked who the gray lombax was and he had said,

"My name is Mags I'm a old colleague of Kaden's as we had worked together on the dimensonator project"

Soon enough Ratchet came over and had said he had found the voice logs during his adventures that Mags had left. This was a first of me hearing about it and judging by Rivet's reaction it was her first time as well. Soon enough however we had to quiet down as one of the other lombaxes had alerted to sound nearby outside and this time there was no way to tell who or what is was. They hardly made a sound as they looked around and got dangerously close to where we were before it sounded like they left but, just as suddenly they were back and had tossed the Boulder keeping us hidden like it was a toy and before it could alert others Ratchet had used the cold snap and froze them before Alister swung his wrench breaking them apart.

I and everyone else stood stunned at how in sync the two were before Mags quietly said "just like the old times. Kaden your son is so much like you it's a bit scary".

Soon enough the order for us to get moving was sent out and honestly I agreed that it would be wise. We've been noticed and soon enough if Tachyon was wise he likely equipped each scout with a signaler and seeing one blip out would definitely direct him to our location. Despite my best hopes the start of this war was about to begin and there was Nothing we could do except get ready.

Rivet's P.O.V

Despite the serious situation we now had I couldn't help but, think just how in sync Ratchet and my father were. I know they had teamed up to find Clank and the clock they brought up but, to me it honesty seemed like my father could read Ratchet's moves before he did them which made me wonder just how much did Ratchet get of his father's personality and what part was his mother's?

We honesty would never know which reminded me that unlike myself who had my father Ratchet had nobody biologically alive unless Mags was like a grandparent or uncle like Alister was Despite us not knowing our family tree. Whatever the case we needed to get moving and fast however what worries me is "do we actually have another place we can hide or are we just winging it?"

I'm hoping it was the first option but only time will tell and the irony of this is that it was exactly the case that this was a very time sensitive situation and that despite it being worse case we may not survive this and that scares me.