saved

*Rivet's P.O.V*

Why is it suddenly quiet yet the team hasn't returned? Is everyone ok? Is my dad ok?

All these questions started popping up in my head as soon as I saw a flash of purple and the screeching went silent. Ratchet by now had woken up and despite his current condition was once again trying to get up to investigate. What doesn't Ratchet get about staying down?

I knew he was stubborn however this is getting ridiculous. Was he never able to take time to recover besides the time period it took for nanotech to take effect or if a doctor forced him to stay down which honestly was kind of an unnerving thought considering how the two doctors he knows are a evil scientist and a guy named croid who sounds slightly unhinged from what clank has told me.

From what little time I've known Ratchet I should have known he was just as stubborn as myself when it came to caring for ourselves. We always put other's lives ahead of our own when it came down to it and we needed our friends to basically force us to relax though in this instance I know why he desires to get back to fighting. The lombaxes's enemy was here to finish what he started and would likely not back down till he was killed however I also knew that Ratchet was Tachyon's target and would of succeeded if it hadn't been for Ratchet's armor as well as the medics and my dad's quick actions.

Basically if it hadn't been for that Ratchet would of died and that would of devastated me. This knucklehead of a lombax made me happy and want to keep fighting for what's right no matter how long it took though right now my concern remains for the others that had went to scout.

*Back in the field*

*Rex's P.O.V*

Everyone that remained was disoriented after a flash of purple seemingly transported Tachyon and his remaining team away from the area however I knew it wasn't over by a long shot. One thing I did notice however was the ex general was nowhere in sight until I spotted his wrench outside of what appeared to be a rock slide.

As I got a closer look however that's when the fear set in. In a instant I had called over those that were near to me that didn't hate Alister enough to just let him die. As they ran over I led them to where he was as I had saw a crushed red and white tail and what appeared to be a bit of his blood. In my mind I prayed I hadn't noticed too late as I didnt hear anything though when the others got close I could clearly hear the sound of a groan as well as what sounded like hisses of pain.

The general was miraculously alive but, for how much longer? I have no clue how long he's been under the rubble and if he runs out of what little air is within the slide then he would die from lack of oxygen though there was another problem, if we removed the wrong rock the whole thing could crush him under it.

As the others finally got to where I was one of them had turned out to be two of our best firemen and construction workers. Lombaxes may be a technological race but like any society emergency workers were essential for things to run as smooth as possible. When the two came forward the fire fighter had snaked an oxygen hose into one of the opening while the construction worker judged the best mode of action to get alister out of the rubble and to get him medical care.

By the time the construction worker figured out the best mode of action it had been another five minutes though they had instructed those able to the rocks needing removed. I had suggested using the duel wrench to prop up the rocks to keep them from collapsing but one of the other pretorian guards had said that the wrenches only react to their user and shock those that it doesn't belong to.

It did make sense that there would be a fail safe like that considering what its capable of however right now that seemed rather inconvenient especially in our current situation. Despite that fact I got to work removing the rocks that were pointed out and tossed them to a side free of anyone else before another joined and grabbed the next rock. This went on for about thirty seconds before the pile fell off of alister though what I didn't expect was to see a weird light around him though when I blinked it was gone.