PROLOGUE

Okay, today will be a great day Azura, I encouraged myself shuffling under the covers, and setting off the alarm.

"Happy 13th Birthday to me."

I stood in front of the mirror hoping that school will be great too. I brushed my shoulder-length hair and made my way to the kitchen.

"Mom!!!! I m leaving..." I shouted over my shoulder, before leaving. "Did you take your lunch box?" She shouted back. "Yes, mom. Okay bye."

"Great I can do this, everyone will love you, dear, don't overthink you will be fine. Let's hope for the best." I chanted the mantra, time and again.

I was hoping that today will be a new day, I don't want to get bullied once again. Well, life was not so miserable. It was very hazardous until I hit my teens, and that means it became hell.

You know what? Teenage sucks, not just because of mood swings or personality change but also change in appearance where we go through changes in our body and body features, and most acne and weight gain. Weight was never an issue to me, I am a healthy person not too fat but not even thin. But acne they are the real cause of the misery in my life. I know it's weird but the bitter truth is, I get shitty comments on my face. Don't misunderstand what acne means, just small little pimples that just come and go. My face looks more like a head that was put into a honeycomb full of honeybees. I am a transferred student and am studying in one of the most prestigious schools in Orlando.

The girls and the boys here are the real definitions of beauty. And everyone thinks I am the beast among those beauties. I feel bad about how people avoid me, they don't want to talk to me, and neither do I have any friends. Not even a single human being. And neither I'm good at studies. You cant even call me a bookworm. In one word I feel like I am.... useless. Ugh! life sucks.

As I entered the school gate and I could already feel most of the eyes on me. Nah, not because I drank some magical drink that turned me into all snow white and shit. It was very clear that they looked at me with a face of disgust.

I reached my locker and gathered my belongings and moved straight toward my class. I sat on the corner bench alone, every time. Everyone avoided me, no one wanted to talk to me. Every time I tried to start a conversation they all escaped with some excuse. And most of the time I sat alone. And the cafeteria was no different place. Most of the seats there were always occupied, neither I could sit with them, they make me feel ......untouchable. So I ended up sitting outside the cafeteria. As I was thinking about all this, I realized that everyone's eyes are settled on me. What did I do now??

"Ms. Norwood? Can you please repeat what did I say just now?" Crap what should I say now. "Umm.. sorry ma'am I was not paying attention."

"Then you can leave my class and stand near the door until the class finishes." Grunted Mrs. O' Shella.

"Yes ma'am," I said meekly. So, with this, my day starts. Life sucks. Even my teachers thought low of me and looked at me with pure disgust.

As soon as the bell rang everyone made their way out of their classes and moved to the cafeteria. And luckily today I found one of the tables empty. Good, so finally I could eat with a proper table and a chair. I grabbed my lunch box and opened it but close it with even more speed. Did I state that I hated to bring my lunch box because my mum she is the goddess of radish salad and is a lazy person?

Because whenever she does not feels like making breakfast she ends up with this radish salad. And you know what, radish stinks like a fart especially if they are baked ones. I tried to ignore others around me and stuffed my mouth with that salad. But a loud thud makes me jump from my chair. As I looked in the direction, I found three boys and two girls in front of me. And I think that I took their seat, so without saying anything I grab my lunch and was about to leave but I got a slap on my hand making my lunch fall on the ground. And I could feel all eyes were on me. I bent down to grab my lunch box but before I could reach it, it was kicked in the other direction. I got up from my keens and headed toward the direction where my lunch box was kicked. And once again it was kicked and passed to the other guy.

"Give me my lunch box ." I hissed. "What did you say? I can't hear you". The shaggy-haired boy mocked. "I said give me my lunch box back," I shouted a little louder this time.

"Oh my god. I discovered a new fact, Azura Norwood, she has got a voice box," said Mia clapping her hands.

" So you can speak huh?" Asked Lia. I hate saying this but she is the beauty of our class. I grabbed my lunch box but before I could, someone gripped my wrist making me turn around.

"Where do you think you are going?" cooed a hunk named Aron.

"Aron leave her." Mia snapped.

With a smirk he pushed me hard, making me fall to the floor. Ouch! it hurts. "No one takes our place." He spat with venom.

"I don't think that seat is marked by you." I shot back but then all the color drained from my face as I realized what I did. And before I could think further the lunch box was hit right on my head. I was covered with that salad.

"Ew! Do you eat shit in your lunch." Mia screeched scrunching her nose. Thanks to mom, now I feel embarrassed.

"Now take this tissue and clean the seat because I don't want to sit on this already dirty chair, and dump your ugly face somewhere else. " Lia ordered rolling her eyes as if the whole situation bored her. I felt like punching her right on her nose and making her bleed. I took the tissue and wiped the chair that was already clean. Teachers won't even believe me, because I don't score well. I'm always depressed because of all the bullies and my haunted memories.

Ughhh! I hate living. And I hate school. I groaned and hid my face under the blanket. Happy birthday to me. Being 17 sucks.

So another day that I have to get prepared for. Anyways you can do it Azura, you are a fighter. With this, I slip into my black shorts and a long-sleeved black top. So now I have turned 17 and still, nothing changed I don't have any friends, although I talk to some people occasionally mostly I am alone. But at least I have got a friend but the sad thing is she lives in another city. My father got transferred from Orlando to Vedas where we were living for the past 1 month.

So finally after walking for 10 minutes I reached my school which was thankfully close to my house. I walked to my locker and all the eyes were upon me but this time not in disgust, so I held my chin high and walked. As I reached my locker I grabbed my books and made my way to geography class. As I got inside and placed my bag on my bench and took my seat at the corner, once again sitting alone. I took my books and notes out and started highlighting the notes that would be taught in class. But from the corner of my eyes, I could feel someone standing in front of me. And I was very well aware of the person. Without looking at the person I asked dryly "What do you want?"

A very shrill voice that could make your ears bleed grumbled. "I want to sit here." Does she wish for her death? "No, you can't," I said without looking at her.

"What did you say, I couldn't hear you?" asked Veronica. Well, she is a bitch who likes to mess around without any reason. Our new classes started just a week ago and I'm already having an enemy. Wow just great.

"Are you deaf, because I don't like to speak twice?" I said still highlighting my notes.

"You have the nerve to speak in front of me." She scoffed. Without bothering I read my notes hoping that she would go.

Well, once a bitch always a bitch. So to prove this, her hands made their way to my books throwing them on the ground. Now here she went wrong. And I m sure this will catch a lot of eyes.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" I hissed trying not to be the center of attention because I don't want to end up in the principal's office....once again.

"OH! do you wanna fight with me now?" she grinned crossing her arms on her chest.

I gave a sarcastic laugh which made her frown in confusion." You know I can fight with you but it would sadly be animal abuse." I said dismissing her.

At first, she scoffed maybe it was hard for her to digest what I said. She stepped forward and said, "Don't you think you talk way too much?" She spat. "Then stop listening, it's not too hard I guess." With this, I turned on my heels and grabbed my book settling them on my desk.

"You are a bitch you know," she shouted.

Without turning around I laughed "Telling me?" I sighed and sat on my seat. I wish I could rest peacefully.