CHAPTER-25

Mara and I escorted Arura to her home, where Theia was already waiting for her along with his bodyguards, his hairs were disheveled as if he ran his hands through them time and again. He cared about her that much was sure, and the way he looked at her with so much love and care was hard to describe. And the person had a held dominance I must say because of the way police were talking to him with so much respect while he kept his arms around Arura securely. We left the place until I was sure Arura was alright.

"I think I'll need Lucas's help in this," I told Mara on our way back to my house. Mara's lips were pressed hard in a thin line as if she was thinking something. I clutched the steering wheel hard as a thought knocked in my mind but I didn't want to think about that. That small baby was kidnapped and we didn't even know what her kidnapper wanted from Arura. Minnie had one of the sweetest smiles I had ever encountered. I couldn't even think of shouting at her because of her adorable face let alone kidnap her.

"Azura something is not right here," Mara said snapping me out of my train of thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked as I looked from side to side. 

"I can feel the dark magic here." She hissed clenching her teeth. We had almost reached my house.

"Dark Magic, you think someone is at my place?" I asked.

"No, it's fainted that means someone either just passed by or broke into your house." She explained. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion but then it can't be a coincidence that I found out about Minnie being missing just hours ago and then this dark magic. My eyes widened as I realized where this was going.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I shouted as I increased the speed of the car.

"What is it?" Mara asked as she snapped her back straight ready for an attack. I stopped the car and hurriedly got out of the car. "What is it Azura?" Mara asked and ran after me.

"It's Minnie," I told frantically. No, this is not happening. Please don't do this to me. Mara hurriedly followed me cursing under her breath. I ran as fast as I could but it felt like my legs turned to jelly, I couldn't hear anything around except the crunching of the leaves beneath my feet. I stopped dead in my tracks as I looked down at the red bag in front of my door. There were some dark patches on the bag and my gut feeling said those were stains of blood. Mara stood beside me looking down at the same thing.

"I'll open it." She said although she knew what we were going to look at once that bag was opened. She took cautious steps toward the bag and bent down to open it. I almost gagged at the sight in front of me. Arura would die if she saw this. There were some little chopped body parts and when Mara took out the head a sob ripped out of me as I looked at her face, it had bruises. She was tortured and brutally killed. A 'Dark' was engraved on her swollen forehead. Mara looked at me with sad, pitiful eyes. I rubbed my cheeks angrily and rubbed my face.

"Oh god, I'll have to do this for her." I tried my best not to let another tear slip out. I took a long breath and stepped forward and allowed my powers to come to the surface. Minnie was so afraid and in pain when they did this to her. I've never felt so broken and- a jolt of pain shot through me and I was knocked to my knees. I looked at the bag in front of me in horror. Someone had embedded the agony of another person in it. It was a lot worse and more powerful. A shrill cry left me as I felt like my soul was begin ripped apart.

"Azura!" Mara shouted holding my shoulders. I felt my back arching and my mouth filled with blood. "Shit!" Mara cursed as she got up and tried to pull me up with her but I couldn't, not until this process was over. But it was taking forever damnit. Liam and Lucas who were called by Mara were instantly by my side.

"Shit, why is she bleeding? "Lucas looked at the bag and then at me. I looked at all the three sentries who were looking at me helplessly. They knew they couldn't help me with this. I was heaving wildly as the pain started increasing again. My eyes started tearing up once again, and I felt that I was going to die. It was taking forever. I wanted this to end as soon as possible or I would die.