CHAPTER-15

*Ping*

I looked at my phone as I got a message from someone- 'Wanna play a game?'

*Ping*

'We should start, shall we?' I looked at the message for 1 more minute furrowing my eyebrows.

Who the fuck was that?

"Hey, are you alright?" Arura asked as she settled a cup of steaming coffee on the kitchen counter. After what happened last night, Rowen insisted on letting Mara stay with me. But I didn't want any demons in my house and after a lot of arguments and threats, I decided to stay in Arura's house. Rowen was not so pleased with my decision, but I didn't care one bit. So I packed my duffle and went straight to Arura's apartment.

We both decided to live separately as we wanted some privacy. Well, I wanted privacy because there was no way on earth I was risking Arura's life while I was working among those demons.

"Yup, by the way, how is the work going?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Good." She replied. I took a sip of coffee and looked at her. She was staring at me which was making me uncomfortable, so I avoided her gaze and looked everywhere but her.

"Okay, now speak. What's going on with you?" She snapped. I sighed and sunk into my seat and traced the rim of the cup.

"I don't know. It's just that I have got a new project." Arura's eyes softened at that and she looked at me sadly. She knew that Shaomi was forcing me to work for him. But what she didn't know was I was working among demons.

"I'm sorry Azura, it's all because of me that you are suffering till this date."

"And how many times do I have to tell you, to cannot change two shits about this?" I asked her. And I won't lie but this happened because of her, though she didn't want this for me. I blame myself too for many things that I shouldn't have done. But whatever happened has already passed. Even my demons can't change that except for haunting me.

"It's okay Arura I'm doing just fine," I assured her taking her hand in mine. She looked into my eyes for a few seconds before nodding. "I've to go, it's an urgent meeting," I said getting up with my empty cup as I washed it and dried my hands.

"I'll be out of the town for a few days." She informed me out of a blue. I looked at her and gave her a questioning look.

"Where?"

"It's a business trip since I work for Hai Rui as an interpreter, I have to go. I have already delayed it. Because I wanted to spend some time with you. Nowadays you barely talk to me."

"Where are you going and when are you leaving and with whom?" I shot a series of questions at her, ignoring her last sentence.

"I am going to Florida and I will leave tomorrow night and I will be going with Theia."

"Theia?" I asked raising my eyebrow. As she realized what she said, her cheeks turned red. What the fuck, Arura, did she just blush? Never have I ever thought that a girl like her would blush.

"Oh- umm I mean Mr. Theia... my boss. I will accompany him."

"Are you something- ?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows.

"Get out of my house if you don't want me to woop your ass." She snapped. She was embarrassed, and I liked that she was happy. I smirked and went out of her apartment. As I went to the rooftop of the building a demon was already waiting for me up there who teleported me to Shaomi.

We were in his office and the teleporter went out of the office. Shaomi was sitting on his chair with his hand under his chin.

"Dark, I hope it's going well?" He asked darkly.

"For now it is." I nodded and sat on the chair. "Rowen wants me to find him some soulless creature for him," I informed. Shaomi raised his eyebrows and rested his elbows on the table and leaned forward with interest.

"Oh! And why may I ask?"

"I don't know yet, but he thinks only I can find that thing." I tucked the strand of my hair behind my ear and continued. "And I think I somehow bonded with him psychically and I am afraid that he'll thrust his mind in mine one day and will know that I work for you. Not that I know what he is yet, but I think I'm progressing."

"You did what?" I had never seen Shaomi that surprised in his entire life. Hell, I have never seen him surprised at all. Shaomi took a long breath and recomposed himself. "Okay, knowing that you are... different from humans I can't expect any less from you. But this is another level thing. Your mind is not easy to invade Azura. Even if it can be invaded no one can retrieve the memories from your brain until and unless you allow it. But we don't know what breed of demon Rowen is so I won't take any chances with your life." He remained silent for a moment before he spoke. "I'll call some witch to cover up your memories and shield your mind. Anything other than that?"

"Oh! And he can teleport." I said. I didn't tell him that he could teleport in two ways because I wasn't sure what I saw that day.

"I can't expect any less from him. He is a powerful demon after all. Even witches nowadays can teleport."

I strolled inside the building and took a long silent journey until I reached the top floor. I looked at my watch, it was 5:15 PM. Alright, I was half an hour late.

"You are late," Asterion grumbled as he stood outside Rowen's office.

"Well, I'm not some supernatural bull like you now, am I?" I retorted.

"Watch your tongue." He snapped. Let's be realistic, I would have been scared of him if I didn't know they needed me as much as I needed them in this. But still, I keep checking my boundaries because I know they won't even think twice before killing a pathetic human.

"Oh I have seen it, it is pretty right?" I asked sticking my tongue out. He balled his fists and I am sure they still would have been bigger than my face. "Anyways, why am I called here?"

He didn't answer instead turned around and opened the door for me.

"Oh! How very nice of you." I mocked.

"Just shut up!" He growled. I was going to say something but I was already pushed inside his office where Rowen and the other four sentries were waiting for me. Mara and Ella smiled at me while Lucas was smirking and Liam was stifling his laughter. Did I do something? I read about them in their data. Mara was an ifrit, Ella was an Empousa while the other two males Luca and Liam were Cerberus and Phoenix. Well hasn't Rowen got quite a strong demon around him?

"I see you have acquainted with Asterion quite well Azura." Liam laughed. I furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion but beamed at him later when I realized that they might have heard us outside the door. Who was I kidding of course they could hear us.

"Oh! I have. Haven't I?" I nudged Asterion who glared at me.

"Is Raven found?" Rowen interrupted and asked Liam.

"I was thinking Azura could help me find him." He said nodding at me. Rowen looked at me with his cold heavy gaze, then back at Liam.

"I want this to be completed not destroyed."

"Why thank you, Mr. Hades," I said coldly. But they both preferred to ignore me.

"I'm sure Raven knows something about the third. And I'll need Azura at that moment to trace his tracks." He pointed. Third? Why did that feel familiar? Did I hear it somewhere in past?

"You better be good," Rowen warned.

"Oh! I definitely would."