CHAPTER-21

"Now Miss Norwood, speak," Rowen ordered as he sat down on my couch. Make yourself home buddy. He was freshly dressed in a new suit. Well, the perks of being a powerful demon. "I don't like to repeat myself, Miss Norwood," Rowen said snapping me out of my thoughts. I glared at him as I stood opposite him.

"And I don't like to bark when someone orders." I snapped. Asterion was waiting outside the door, on guard. Rowen who remained unfazed by my outburst just looked at me leaning on my couch. That son of a  "What do you want to know?" I grumbled.

"Take the seat, Miss Norwood, this going to be a long chat." He ordered again. I clenched my teeth to bite back my words and plopped on the couch. Calm down Azura don't snap his neck alright?  "Now," Rowen straightened his back and gave me his undivided attention. I gulped, and all of a sudden my mouth went dry. "how did you reach the hot pit of souls?"

"A ho- A what?" I asked in confusion.

"It's a place where you found that girl. How did you reach there?" He asked.

"I don't know. One moment I was in my room and the other moment I was at that whatever you named it." I shrugged. 

"Did you feel anything strange that time?" He inquired. I opened my mouth to deny it but then I remembered something. But I was weighing my thoughts, should I tell him? He is my enemy after all, but he does not know that thing. And he can help me to find the culprit.

"I remember someone calling my name. It was calling me to come to them." I stated. Rowed leaned down settling his elbows on his knees as he listened to me, his biceps flexed threatening to snap out of his tight suit. And his thighs, god they flexed in all their glory. I shook my head to get my mind back out of the gutter. Focus Azura, focus.

"It was a trap. Someone hatched that portal to lure you into it." I looked at his lips, the same lips that were on mine. It felt like I kissed him before. But hell, the sensation I felt in my entire body was out of the world. Focus Azura. I growled inside my mind in frustration, I have never felt like this before.

"What is this hot pot of souls?" I asked trying to focus my mind on the matter at hand.

"It is a hot pit of souls." He corrected me as he leaned back again. "And it is in another dimension of the universe. A place where the souls are captured. But you can't get to the place until it calls you."  He read my confused face, and before I could ask, he answered it beforehand. "You can't get to the place by your own will because the hot pit of souls floats from one universe to the universe. Either the place calls you itself or someone else in it can call you. And I'm leaning more towards the latter in your case knowing you are a human."

"So you reached me because I called you," I stated. 

"No, I reached you because I wanted to." He stated

"And what makes you so special?" I asked.

"Because I don't need someone's call to reach the place that I made." I gaped at him and tried to process what he said.

"But- but..." I didn't know what to say. There was a moment of silence until I spoke again. "Then how the fuck you don't know who did this?" I grunted in annoyance.

"As I said, I made that place Miss Norwood not control it." He stated coldly. That cold stone-faced motherfucking handsome bastard. "Since when did you have these powers?" I opened my mouth but Rowen gave me a cold glare that shouted 'And don't you dare lie to me.'

"Well, I don't know since when. I never knew I could house agony until I met some demons not so long ago. And as time passed these small powers helped me to save myself here and there." I answered truthfully.