CHAPTER-14

Azura

For the last two days, I was feeling weird and my stomach felt sick. I don't know what was happening to me. I didn't even know why I was angry and irritated as I was feeling something brushing against me all the time that made me shiver. I just snapped everywhere and anywhere I went. And at the same time, I felt sad. Rowen still hadn't told me where and whom I had to find. And I was worried that he had just forgotten about the deal. No, he couldn't, right?

I was feeling a bit sleepy but I had to do my assignment, being a student sucked. But I had to do this to get my master's degree. As I returned to the drawing room and it was raining heavily. I loved the rain because it calmed me in some way, I don't know how, but it had that power to do so. I didn't have any idea how long I had been studying because my eyes were feeling heavy after a very tiring class and then an economics assignment.

*Thup thup thup*

I suddenly jolted from the couch when I heard footsteps from outside, in the place where I lived I don't think anyone would come here at night when it was 7:43 pm. I looked outside through my sliding glass doors, it was still raining. I shook my head I might be hallucinating. Or it might be some animal. After all, I lived near the forest, on the outskirts of the city.

*Thup thup thup*

The second time I was sure I wasn't hallucinating. I strolled to the drawer to grab my gun from there and unlocked the safety trigger and hid behind the couch waiting for the person to enter the room. I smacked my head when I remembered that I didn't lock my sliding glass doors. Someone slid the door open and entered inside making my heart skip a beat. Who the fuck broke into my house?

The footsteps were more audible now. I wiped my sweaty hands on my shorts and once again gripped my gun. The person was a few inches away from me and he stepped forward making his attire visible. He was a male having a well-built frame who was wearing a black leather jacket, and blue jeans. He was completely soaked. But I couldn't look at his face as his back was facing me.

*Ping*

My phone rang in the kitchen making him look in that direction. I quickly pranced from my place shoving the gun on the back of his head.

"Who the fuck are you, turn around," I growled. And before I knew he moved so fast that my human eyes couldn't see that he had just thrown the gun out of my grasp and pushed me so hard that I flew to the nearest wall. Demon, he was a demon. His energy hummed in the air and traveled through my skin. He was a vampire. I coughed and breathed heavily before trying to get up on my knees. He grabbed me by my hair and pressed my head against the wall. My hands were caught behind my back in his large ones and my back was pressed against his chest. He inhaled me deeply as I struggled to get my arms free from his.

"Mmm, a human I see." He cooed near my ear. Fuck I was trapped here. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply to calm my racing heart. I felt the power struggling to get free under my skin but I couldn't do it. I felt the temperature drop around me and suddenly the crackling sound was heard. The vampire's grasp loosened from my nape as he looked around him and suddenly I was free from his grasp. I stumbled on my weak knees but managed to stand straight.

Mara was standing in front of the vampire who was bearing his teeth at her. Mara narrowed her eyes at the demon and then at me. I rolled my shoulders back and nodded to her.

"Vampire, don't you have other things to do?" She mocked. She spurted the fire on her fingertip and played with it. She was an ifrit, a fire demon. And I didn't know what happened but she froze in her place as ice formed on her feet. "What the fuck!" She shouted as she tried to get free of those ice shackles, throwing ball after ball of hellfire at it. The vampire smirked at her and then turned around to look at me.