CHAPTER-11

I woke up 5 minutes ago and in that short amount of time, I planned various ways to run away from here. I wasn't safe among them, I didn't even know how dangerous they were. I opened my eyes once again and looked at the high ceiling and this time I was in a room. It wasn't fully furnished, but it had a bed and a nightstand. Otherwise, it was all empty. The walls were dirty grey and the fan hung on the ceiling that was lurching and moving slowly.

"You are up." Stated the voice and I shot her a look when she entered the room. What was her name again? Mara, right. "How are you feeling?" She asked as she walked towards me and stood by my side. I struggled to get up and looked at my bruised stomach which turned almost purple after taking so many blows and hits. I was in my grey bra and my wounds were already treated.

"Seems like I can take some more blows," I replied to her. The corner of her mouth turned into a smirk as she bent down and sat on the edge of the bed beside me, making sure not to touch me.

"You took pretty hard hits." She stated and I scoffed.

"But knowing they were demons who were torturing me I don't think they were hard on me," I said shrugging my shoulders. She nodded in understanding and looked into my eyes.

"So you know about us." She said studying my face. I nodded in confirmation. "If there are demons on my tail ready to kill me of course I would know about them. But why me? That I don't know." I sighed.

"Because you are different than others." She said. I nodded as I knew what she was talking about after all the demons could feel that I was different, from afar. That means... "Rowen knew that I was different?" I asked. She gave me a playful smile and shrugged.

"He knew that you were different but after you touched Ella's soul and caused her pain Rowen knew that you should be away from demons. He even made sure to cover your touch but look here you are among us." She explained.

"Hold on to your horses, what do you mean he covered my touch?"

She simply smiled and got up from bed and left the room only to come back with a tray of food. I raised my eyebrow at her and asked. "Aren't you suppose to kill me, now that I know who all you are?"

"Nope, after all, you are also different from humans." She said setting the food on the nightstand. "And somehow I think you are connected to those dead demons and faes that are being killed every other day."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nevermind." She said shaking her head and left the room. I stared at the closed door and then at the food. What were the chances that the food wasn't poisoned? But wouldn't they have killed me already? I sighed and laid on my back staring at nothing in particular. Who was Ella? And when did I hurt her? And hell, when did Rowen cover my soul-paining touch? Was he trying to protect me? What was he doing on earth? Several questions were running through my mind, which could be answered by one and only one person. But I don't think he would give me any of those. I sighed and looked down at my stomach which was bruised. I could have died in that cell.

I looked impatiently at the door waiting for someone to come inside. I wanted to get out of there. I didn't even know what time it was. As if someone read my mind, I heard the clicking of the door when Rowen came inside. And once again I became breathless. The air became so thick around us that I was sure it would have weighed a ton. He looked at me with his blazing cold eyes, that I had to scoot back in my bed. I looked down at myself to realize that I was in my bra and panties. I looked for the covers on the bed but there weren't any to hide my half-naked body. I crossed my arms to hide my chest but I knew it was of no use.

He reached to me in two long strides and looked at my bruised stomach and then my face which was also bruised. The silence was so deafening that I couldn't take it anymore and spoke, "I want to go home."

"You can, but if I let you go I think I will have to look at your dead body next time." He said. He brought his fingers to touch me but I jumped back. "You cannot touch me, I'll hurt you," I warned. I would definitely do that to save myself. And suddenly I felt something brushed my back and I yelped in surprise when my chest was almost touching his. He brought the tip of cold fingers to my cheek and I winced in pain. I think my cheek was bruised too. "It'll take time to heal." He said and stepped back. All of a sudden I was dressed in a thick sweater and joggers and I gasped at him. What was he? And did he just use his psychic hands to pull me towards him? That meant he was Telekinetic.

"Who are you?" I asked. He simply looked at the nightstand where the food was placed that I didn't eat. I realized that not once did he looked at me except for checking out my wounds.

"Why didn't you eat?" He asked.

"Why didn't you kill me?" I shot back. He stepped towards me until we were face to face because I was standing on my knees on the bed.

"You don't question back." He gritted out. He reached his hand behind my head and tugged my hair until I hissed in pain. "I would have killed you long ago for who you are. But that won't be worth it. I want to use you as bait and you will do what I say." He explained all while my heart was beating wildly at his close proximity. I clenched my teeth biting back my words. I placed one hand on his shoulder and the power hummed through me and traveled from my hands to his shoulders. But not once did he loosen his hold.

"Your powers won't work on me." He informed. I wanted to say that my powers could do much more but I held back just like I held back my powers. Because I couldn't expose myself fully in front of him. He pulled my hair so that I could look back into his. I glared at him as hard as I could, not liking the way he was dominating the air around us.

"I'm not your slave." I gritted out. He looked at me and let go of my hair.

"I'm not here to fight, Miss Norwood. I know you can feel demon souls around you and I want your assistance to find me one."

"And who do you want me to find?" I inquired.

"It's soulless."

"Then how do you expect me to find that demon?"

"It's not a demon you have to find it's a soulless body you have to find." He said shoving his hands in his pockets.

"But I still don't get it how will I find one?" I sighed.

"It's simple if you feel the body without a soul you will have to tell me. So your work is small and accurate."

"And why would I help you?"

"If you want me to protect you from the demons behind your tail, you would do this." I thought for a moment and nodded in agreement.

"I can do that for you."

"Good. I'll order one of my sentry to take you home." He nodded and then he was gone. Why does he make me shiver all the time when he is around me?