CHAPTER-17

I walked on the footpath, swinging my legs. I was tired, of what I didn't know. I was walking by myself in the middle of the night not caring about anyone for once. I stopped when I came across the bridge and leaned on the railing looking at the glittering and shimmering water under the moonlight. I looked at the city in front of me and thought about the people who might be living there. Some might be sleeping peacefully, while some would be crying on their pillows.

"Wanna talk about it?" Said a familiar voice. I turned around to face Cube who stood beside me and looked at the sight in front of us. There was a deadly silence for a moment until Cube spoke.

"So why are you sulking like this?"

"Nothing much I am just... tired."

"Shaomi won't be pleased if he heard you."

"I don't care." And she raised her eyebrows.

"So how are you doing?" I changed the topic.

"Well, I have to go to Thailand by tomorrow you know humans and stuff. So much to my displease I have to go there." She shrugged. "What about you, how are you doing?" She asked looking at me.

"I- I can't wait to burn them, I want to complete this as soon as possible, I want to be free. Anyways can we talk about something else?" I asked. She thought for a moment then spoke.

"What is your only wish to do in the future?" I thought a little longer than required but then spoke.

"I want to remain happy and in peace and a small little life in my hands for whom I can have reason to live."

"You mean to marry and have a small little family?" She raised her eyebrows in shock.

"No, not exactly," I said. "I wish to have a little child of mine, to be honest, a girl whom I can give all the motherly love, and protect her and make her happy. Give her and me a reason to live."

"So you mean family?"

"No not family, I don't want any husband. I can adopt a girl, a little soul who needs someone when everyone left him or her. I want to be there for them." I smiled at her. She looked amused by my answer.

"Woah! I never thought that you would think so...different. I ... liked it, I guess?" She said placing a hand over mine. But my smile dropped when I thought, will I be able to do this? I don't want to live but will I be able to save that child? I shook my head and smiled at her once again. 

"Forget it, I wanted it when I was a child. But things are different now."

"Yeah, we never know." Cube said faintly looking at the distance.

I woke up from my bed finally having 2 hours of sleep. I got out of my bed and went through the message on my phone.

' Darling, you are something. I always knew that. Well, I wanted to talk to you in that port but sadly I couldn't. Don't worry we would meet soon. And I miss you.'

Who the fuck was that? I was already so stressed, that this stalker could have waited. I washed and changed into a black tank top along with dark blue ripped jeans and a dark blue denim jacket. I took a toast in my hand and swung my bag over my shoulder.

When I reached in front of Rowen's office, Asterion looked down coldly at me. I don't care what he thinks of me. They all are the motherfucker who don't care about anyone but themselves.

"I want to meet Mr. Hades. Move." I said coldly. He raised his eyebrows at that but stepped aside. Good, otherwise I would have to bash his head and then barge into the office.