⋆ boy next door (one)

s/n=sisters name

y/n pov

My mother always talked about moving houses and today is that day. I'm stood in front of some huge house eyeing it up. My little sister, s/n, began to run around as my mom took the last box out the car. I was sat on the grass as she ran around me.

"Play tag with me." She held her hand out towards me.

"No." I said lying on the grass. God, i swear down if a spider crawls on me im running south non stop. She ended up walking off as i just admired the clouds moving in the sky. 

"y/n!" My mother shouted from inside "I left my phone in the car, grab it love." I sat up looking at her as i slowly stood up walking to the car. As i went to grab her phone i noticed a family get out a car next door. There was 4 of them the parents and 2 boys. One was slightly shorter and was wearing glasses and was in a hoodie with an anime character on it. The other was taller.

Holy shit. He just looked at me.

I quickly looked away and i had an urge to look back, so i did. He was looking at me. Wait, why is he walked towards me. What- what?

"You guys bought this?" He asked. His voice was deep but sweet and soothing. Fuck, i'm not making any sense. 

"My mom yeh, obviously i couldn't buy this, all i can afford is a coffee." I spoke brushing my hair out my face. He smiled. I don't know if it was because of what i said, or because it's awkward. Maybe both. "I'm y/n" I held my hand out. 

"Vinnie. Vinnie Hacker." He shook my hand, he had a firm grip.

"y/n! My phone!" My mother yelled from the door.

"Shit. I'm sorry i've got to do this." I moved from him and did what i needed.

skip to later in the day.

I had been sat in my room for over 2 hours staring at the boxes. It was so much effort packing it i can't be bothered to unpack. The sun was setting now and there was some light peaking through my closed curtains. I got up and opened them. I felt a smile on my face as i saw the sun setting in the distant. It was slightly hard to see it since that boys house was next door, but if you stood in the right place you could see he sun and it was stunning.  I saw a light flick on from the corner of my eye and my eyes averted from the sun to the light. It was him. In the room right opposite me.

He was in shorts. Only short. And he was holding his shirt in his hand wiping the sweat of his forehead and simultaneously (quick a/n i hate this word it reminds me of math but it works here so-) was pushing his hand through his hair.

He was looking at me now and he was laughing. His smile is cute.

oh my gosh- i'm having my taylor swift music video moment. He's opening his window.

I do the same. I rest my arms on the ledge

"y/n you have a bad staring habit." He still was smiling.

"I do. Don't i?" I sarcastically spoke.

authors note

i fr wish i had a boy next door