⋆ him

y/n pov

It had been a long day at work so as soon as I got into my house I headed for the shower. I stripped out of my white buttoned up shirt and black suit pants and allowed the warm water to consume me. My hand pulled the shower curtain as I bought my hands up to my face, placing the palms of my face over my eyes rubbing my eyes. I need sleep. When I reached for the shampoo, the bathroom door opened.

'y/n, love, are you okay?' Vinnie softly spoke. His voice was soothing, I could listen to it for hours 'it's just..you didn't see me when you walked in, I got worried.' I'm okay. I was too tired to reply to him. I've been awake countless hours today and stuck within the four walls of my office.

my hands gripped the shampoo bottle tightly, too tightly. I opened the cap of the bottle only for it to be snatched out of my hands. Vinnie had stripped down, well to his boxers, pulled the curtain back and taken the shampoo bottle out of my grip.

i pulled a face, furrowing my eyebrows. What is he doing right now? He used his free hand to turn me, so my back was facing his chest. His hand connected with my chin lifting it up slightly. Then, oh god, then he shampooed my hair. His nails dug into my scalp massaging my head. 'Close your eyes, I'm going to rinse it out.' He whispered in my ear, grabbing the shower head. I shut my eyes allowing the warm water to spill on face and trickle down my back and down strands of my hair.

vinnie had placed the shower head in its holder and rinsed remains of soap on his hands. I turned my head to look at him. His body is glistening with the water as it spills on us. 'I love you.' I whispered.

'shh.' he smiled 'rest up my love, i love you too.' His hands cupped my face and his eyes just sparkled as he looked at me. His hand slid from my face to my waist pulling me in for a hug, I didn't know I needed it till I placed all my body weight onto him. One of hands rubbed my back and the other was placed on my head. I love him. I could be dying and he'd be trying the 101 ways to save me.

'Are they asleep?' I murmured into his chest. My arms wrapped tighter around him and the warm water continued to splash on us both.

'Mhm.' He hummed 'Avery fell asleep 2 hours ago and Aaron fell asleep not long ago.' My kids, our kids. Spending a whole day with them doesn't drain me out as compared to being stuck at work.

'I think we should get out now.' I smiled against his chest. He placed his chin on head and I could already feel his smile. Then a small laugh left him.

'Yeh, yeh we should.' Vinnie kissed my forehead before switching the shower off. He grabbed two towels and wrapped one around me and dried himself of with the other. My arms were crossed over my chest keeping the towel up. I looked in the steamed up mirror and dragged my hand across it. The steam had gone and all was left was myself looking at me. My eye bags were bad. I looked like a mess even with a shower. My eyes were red.

'Hey,' vinnie said wrapping his around me from behind 'you've got this. Okay we've got this.' He sounded hopeful for me.

'Shut up.' I smiled 'your cute vin. Stop.' I grinned.

'Oh shh, you love you me so much you married me.' he kissed my neck 'that says something..'

a/n
my mental state rn is her.
also pls recommend things
and I hope you liked this (:

also lol hi. its been a longggggg
time. im hoping to try get back into
this and maybe post once a week.
cuz yk schools are shit nd all and
i dont have much spare time but
oh well.