Chapter 1: A New Life

You sat bolt upright, head shaking left, then right, then left again. They were gone. Where did the soldiers go??? To say you were confused would be an understatement. And you were...in some ruins? There weren't any ruins nearby.

There was a shadow above you, and slowly you craned your stiff neck to look up. There before you was a beautiful woman. Pale, tall, ruby-red lips, and light, wavy hair. She's curvy in all the right places. To be honest, you were jealous of her beauty until I noticed she was wearing the weirdest fashion ever. She also possessed a cold, calculating gaze that made your spine shiver.

"So you're awake. Good," the woman spoke haughtily. By her tone, it seemed more like she's congratulating herself instead of you. Welp, your confused self decided to be an idiot. You normally fake it 'til you make it, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

"What...happened here?" you asked.

The woman smiled. It is a cruel smile, like she had some terrible secret she couldn't wait to spill. You subconsciously felt your electro vision tingle, as though it sensed something you didn't.

"Well my dear, you've been sealed away for 450 years."

The air pressure seemed to drop, and you had a hard time breathing.

Everyone you knew...everyone you had ever helped...were gone.

You...

You were...

Alone.

The woman smacked you across the face.

"WHAT WAS THAT FO-" you were cut off by the woman.

"Oh quit your whining and let me explain."

You touched my cheek, and it was wet. You didn't realize you had started crying. Turning off the waterworks, you stand up quickly and dust the centuries-old sand off of your fairly tattered clothes. You're gonna have to get a change of clothes later.

The woman huffs.

"My name is La Signora."

You burst out laughing, "What kind of name is 'La Signora?!'"

She tries to slap me again, but this time you duc.

"Too slow, Signora."

"I can't believe the Tsaritsa wants you... aNyWayS, (y/n) of Sumeru, the Tsaritsa has chosen you to become one of the 11 harbingers."

"11-what?!"

"The Tsaritsa is the Cryo Archon, and she wants you to fill in the 9th position of her most elite warriors. I am rank eight, so I am her eighth most powerful warrior. That's how it works. Now, do we have a deal? I did release you from your seal and all, not to mention you're completely alone in the world."

She was right.

You are alone.

You have nothing left.

This was the best deal you're going to get, probably.

"Fine, I'll take you up on your offer," you agreed.

Signora flashed a wicked, sadistic grin, "Lovely."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You finally made it.

Snezhnaya.

Zapolyarny Palace.

The wind whipped around your face and you shivered. You were used to deserts and oases, not snowy mountains. Ugh.

"What are you gawking at?" La Signora snaps. "A storm is going to start soon."

You hadn't realized you had stopped to stare, but to be honest, it was a sight to behold. A palace nestled into the mountains, with shimmering multicolored onion domes. The closer you got, the larger it became. Despite it being so cold, however, it was full of life. You noticed that people steered clear as soon as they saw La Signora, and you received many curious glances. Some older people had fear in their faces. Younger people looked excited. With so many eyes on you, you wanted to shrink into your skin and die.