Chapter 11: You've got to be Kidding

Hello everyone! I apologize for not updating recently but I was on Autumn Holiday :) I had a lot of fun on my camping trip.

Aether's face practically lit up, his golden eyes glimmering and full of sparkles.

"Great!" the traveler shouted, "I received a commission, and Katherine had recommended me to have a party. It's an extremely strong hypostasis, so your elemental attacks will probably be great."

"Which one?" you asked. If it was an electro hypostasis... that wouldn't be good.

Aether sweatdropped. "It...never really specified."

"What?!" Kunikuzushi snapped, "You incompetent fool!"

"Oh Scaramouche, calm down," you said in a condescending tone, "I'll make sure to protect you!"

The shrimp blushed and turned away.
"I don't need your protection," he snapped.

You then started your journey, but weren't even two minutes in when a flash of blue stars made a thing appear.

"Aether~ who are these guys?" it said.

You basically jumped like a cat, latching onto Kunikuzushi for dear life.

"Get off me!" he growled. You shook your head aggressively.

"...no" you uttered barely above a whisper. He looked at you with the most deadpan expression.

"You've fought scores of monsters, and this...thing...this thing is scary?" he asked in disbelief. You nodded in response.

He sighed, "fine you can stay behind me just get off my back, literally."

This thing floated around the two of you, analyzing you, reading you, with its cold, black, evil eyes

"Paimon will call you fandango man," it said, pointing to Scaramouche. Then it turned to you. You shuddered.

"You're spineless!"

Getawayfrommegetawayfromme you shouted in your head.

Aether turned to the thing. "Hey, you're being rude!" he scolded. The thing just stuck its tongue out at Aether.

"This is emergency food," Aether said, introducing the thing. The thing stamped her little foot in the air angrily.

"PAIMON IS NOT EMERGENCY FOOD PAIMON IS PAIMON!" Aether just sighed.

Kunikuzushi grabbed Paimon by her little scarf.

"Listen, punk," he spat, "the name's Scaramouche, and that's Zasha."

"Bleh what kinds of names are those?" she asked.

"Hey!" you shouted, "Watch it or I'll–" Paimon looked at you and you shrank back behind Kunikuzushi. "...sorry ma'am," you muttered.

"What's their deal?" the floaty elf asked.

"You're their deal, obviously," the Balladeer replied,

"For Zasha, your midget-body and annoying voice are the most terrifying things to grace the whole of Teyvat."

"Hey! Watch it Fandango man!"

"Make me!"

Scaramouche and Paimon's little squabble kept up until you reached the hypostasis.

You stepped into the arena they like to reside in, studying the half eroded carvings beneath your feet.

"Shit!" you heard Kunikuzushi curse. You looked up and realized his anger. The hypostasis was...purple. Which means it's electro.

You sighed, "Guess it can't be helped." Then, you rushed in. Your fellow Harbinger sweat dropped before following in after you. You summoned your claymore, covering it with electro energy. Scaramouche brought out his catalyst, and the entire field was charged with static electricity.

A normal human would have been electrocuted from being in the atmosphere you two created, but you weren't a normal human now were you?

Unfortunately, the hypostasis didn't reach an electro limit like you expected. In fact, it looked powered-up. After you dodged one of its attacks, you noticed Aether rush in towards the hypostasis's resting core. He created rock out of practically nothing, severely damaging the monster. Before the hypostasis could summon its protective shield, the traveler was able to land a few sword slashes on the core for good measure.

"It's no use..." Scaramouche panted, "My catalyst attacks are completely ineffective..."

"Don't give up!" you shouted back, "Remember, I still have my claymore!" With that, you hauled your gold and obsidian weapon over your shoulder and swung. You kept swinging. You were a fidget spinner, in all your glory. The hypostasis was getting agitated, and you could taste victory. "I won't give in!" you yelled.

The hypostasis didn't, either. It let out a final attack, a self-destructive blow. You turned around, and saw Kunikuzushi completely defenseless.

Without a second thought, you lunged in front of your fellow harbinger, shielding him from the attack. You felt the electricity start to seep into my very veins when–
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're such an idiot!" Scaramouche shouted, catching Zasha in his arms. At the same time, Aether dealt the fatal blow to the hypostasis, causing a gorgeous blue flower to bloom from the monster's remains. One day, the vicious beast would return, but it would not be today. Aether sauntered over to the pair of Fatui after that, worry clouding his eyes.

"Are they–" the traveler was cut off by Scaramouche.

"Show up around us again..." the Balladeer said, his voice barely audible enough for Aether to hear. "Show up around us again, and I'll kill you," Scaramouche finished, looking the blonde dead in the eyes.

Aether dropped his weapon and took a step back. The look Scaramouche gave was petrifying, terrifying.

With that, the Harbinger picked Zasha up bridal style and started to make the long journey to Zapolyarny Palace.