Chapter 6: A Kindred Spirit

It was an... awkward silence. Kunikuzushi didn't know what to say, (You doubted he'd ever had to apologize before.) You were at a loss for words as well.

You were in Liyue, and on your first mission. Deep down, you were SUPER excited, but the atmosphere was so tense you didn't really want to celebrate just yet.

But oH mY gOsH Liyue was GORGEOUS!!!! You were heading down the main road to Liyue Harbor, and even though there weren't any elusive and mysterious sights, you were absorbed into the scenery even more with every passing second.

Scaramouche kept rolling his eyes and calling you an idiot, but you  didn't care.

Then you came upon a statue of Rex Lapis, the Geo Archon. It was HUGE!!!!

You wanted to get a closer look at it, so you did the logical thing.

You started climbing the statue.

"(y/n),what the HELL are you doing?!" Kunikuzushi yelled.

"Getting a closer look! What else?" you called back.

Hoisting yourself up to see the statue, you observed that it was once intricately carved, but now erosion had washed away many of the details. The grey stone was smooth, and depicted a man in a hood slouched in his throne, holding a rock.

But the rock was different.

Unlike the rest of the dull grey statue, the rock Rex Lapis was holding faintly glowed a golden color.

Interesting.

You hopped back down and before you landed, you tapped Kunikuzushi's hat so it went in his face

"Knock it off."

"Fiiiiiiine" you groaned. He's pretty salty still, despite attempts like these every now and again.

There was a bridge up ahead with a guard on it. As you approached, he took one look at you and his neutral face morphed into a grimace. You knew the Fatui were looked at with disdain but gEeZ.

You love bridges. They're so fun. You kept zigzaging from one side of the bridge to the other, looking at the lotus heads, fish, and cranes on either side. You were crossing the giant blue rivers of Dihua Marsh, and you loved every second of it. You could feel Kunikuzushi  shooting you confused and annoyed looks. He CLEARLY didn't appreciate the beauty of nature.

On the other side of the bridge, you touched down upon a large island in the center of the Marsh. In the distance, you could see a GIANT tree! You guessed it was easily thousands of feet in height. In the opposite direction, you could see a giant snowy mountain, almost like it was plucked right out of Snezhnaya.

While you were gawking and walking something pulled you to the ground and covered your mouth with their hand. Their entire body was on top of yours. Before you could react, Kunikuzushi whispered, "Be quiet." Oh. So it was him. He crawled off of you and went to glance behind a rock. "There's three hilichurls, and a mitachurl with a giant axe. They appear to have made a road blockage." he says through gritted teeth. "And..." Kunikuzushi stiffened and you could see his eyes squint a little bit. "There's a weird aura about them."

You nodded. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah" he replies.

He ran out first, distracting the hilichurls while you cleared out the road blockages with your claymore. It took a couple strikes, but the crude construction work came apart.

Turning around, you saw Scaramouche made quick work of the three hilichurls, but the mitachurl seemed to be giving him a little trouble. Then your eyes widened. FRICK-FRACK.