Chapter 20: The Resistance

Oh my gosh I'm sorry I haven't updated. I fell into a rut... but anyway I finally updated! So you guys enjoy :)

No sooner had Kujou Sara disappeared, another figure entered the scene. She looked nothing less than god–like.

"Hello, my people," she greeted gracefully, floating just above the ground.

"Lady Kokomi," Gorou greeted.

So this is Sangonomiya Kokomi, the Watatsumi Resistance Leader. She's gorgeous.

Kokomi got right to work, healing people using her hydro vision.

"Beidou, Kazuha, I need help carrying bodies!" she called.

Beidou and Kazuha are here?

"Fancy seeing you here, (y/n), Kunikuzushi!" Beidou greeted joyfully. She pulled you into a big bear hug. After being put down, you locked eyes with Kazuha. You grinned at each other, and performed the classic 'dab me up' greeting. Kuni tipped his hat, expression mostly indifferent.

You got right to work, helping Kokomi with the wounded...and dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yay! I'm so glad you're staying!" you cheered.

"It's nice that you've decided to stay and fight, Kazuha," admitted Kuni. The rogue smiled and nodded, staring into his cup of sake. He was a little down because Beidou left without him, saying she'll pick him up within a year. He needed cheering up.

You stood up in your shared tent abruptly.

"That's it! I making kleicha!" you announced majestically to two very confused people. You didn't get the reaction you wanted. They looked at you like you were insane.

"(n/n), what kind of stuff did you just make up?" Kuni deadpanned.

You were shocked. "You don't know what kleicha is?!"

They both shook their heads no in reply.

You immediately began putting your shoes on and heading out the door.

"Good thing Beidou dropped off supplies from Sumeru!" you grinned while breaking into the army kitchens.

"Okay, so you wanna start by making dough," you narrate, grabbing a bowl.

"Put in flour, sugar, yeast, and–"

"What're those?" Kazuha asked, pointing to what's in your hands.

"Oh! These are nigella seeds!" you clarified, throwing them in your concoction.

"Kuni, mix that up," you instructed. He rolled his sleeves up and grabbed a spoon. Once it's mixed, you dig a hole in the dough and plop the butter in.

"Kazuha, kneed the dough," you said. He quickly washed his hands and got to work. You grabbed a cup of water and gradually added it while he's mixing.

"Kuni! I need salt!" you called. He rushed over with it. You took the salt and shook it in the dough.

You picked up a towel and set the dough on the counter. "It needs to rise for about an hour," you explained.

"Now while that's rising..." you slammed a pot on the counter, and added sunflower oil to it. "Who wants to watch the stove?"

"I will," Kuni volunteers, and took the pot from you.

"Kazuha, do you know if there's date paste?"

"Uhhhh lemme check."

You're able to locate some date paste, and Kazuha added that to the pot.

"Oh my gosh guys I found pre-ground cardamom!"

"(Y/n)...most spices are pre-ground," Kazuha said.

"Wait, really?"

"Don't bother, Kazuha, they're just old," Kuni called.

"You take that back! You're older than me!"

"To take it back is to prove you right," he retorted.

You fake-angrily throw the cardamom in the pot, then watched over Kuni's shoulder until it looks ready.

"Ok, that's enough," you said. He took it off the heat and you grabbed the dough, separating it into pieces.

"Kazuha, can you start spreading these out?" you asked.

"Sure," he said.

You grabbed the first piece of flattened out dough, and spread the paste on top, then you stacked another piece of dough, then more paste.

"It's like you're building lasagna," Kuni said.

"I guess kinda?" you replied. To be frank, you didn't like lasagna.

After the construction, the fun begins.

"Ready?" you asked. The two boys nodded, and together you rolled the whole thing up into a pinwheel. You slightly flatten it down, then Kazuha brushed on a milk and egg yolk mixture he made earlier.

"Kuni, grab a knife, please," you ordered. He rummaged through drawers until he found a suitable one, then he twirled it around and handed it to you. You took it, twirl it around more impressively, then cut the pinwheel into slices, setting them on a baking sheet.

The three of you sit in anticipation, waiting for the delicious dessert to bake.

When they FINALLY came out of the oven, they smelled delicious.

Kuni tried to reach for one immediately, so you smacked his hand with a wooden spoon that was laying on the counter. After the food cooled down, you each grabbed one.

"Cheers!" you say, then took a bite. They're just as good as you remembered!

"I haven't had these in over a year!" you exclaimed. They're so amazing.

"Hundreds of years," Kuni corrected you. You elbowed him.

You spend the rest of the night talking, laughing, and eating kleicha. Kuni and you stayed up a little bit longer than Kazuha did. After another half–hour or so, you made your way to the tent you shared with Kazuha.

You crawled into my sleeping bag and started to drift off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up in the middle of the night to someone crawling in your sleeping bag.

"Whoisit?" you asked groggily.

"Shhh, you idiot," Kuni said, putting a finger to your lip. You grabbed his hand and squeezed it, then turned to snuggle into him, drifting off once more.

OH MY GOSH PLEASE TELL ME I ACCURATELY WROTE HOW TO MAKE KLEICHA IVE NEVER MADE IT BEFORE. HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT!