Chapter 15: Colder by the Minute

IM BACK.

I hope everyone is having a good day :)

Also if anyone understands what this chapter name is referring to you get a shout out next time I update! (Hint: my little sister had a play)

Also quick reminder: the plot was written way before the harbingers were even revealed, so Dottore is 10th place not 2nd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days later, you were woken up bright and early to a bucket of water being splashed on your head.

"AHHHHHHHHH," you shrieked, sending out a wave of electro in the process. Unfortunately for you, you only achieved in getting yourself electro shocked.

You can hear Dottore laughing. He is off his rocker you swear...

"SHUT UP! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF SLEEPING IN?!" you shout.

"Good–pfft–morning to you, too," Dottore squeezes out, his shoulders still shaking from his mOsT aMaZiNg accomplishment of the day.

"This is why we should never have gave keys to the other's room," you mutter.

"It's time to leave, Zasha."

You practically jump out of bed. "Why didn't you say so?"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What the frick frack is this thing?!" you yell to Dottore as you dodge a punch from a giant looking lawachurl.

"It's a Frostarm Lawachurl, but twice the size of any I've seen!" Dottore shouts. "Zasha, you'll have to fight it by yourself! I'm not much of a fighter, and my tiny needles won't do much damage!"

You grit your teeth as you send a wave of electro towards the monster, effectively breaking through the ice-like aura the lawachurl has created. It bellows, and the sound has made your ears start ringing. You can feel the blood from various gashes freezing onto your skin. Everything hurts, and your brain is going numb. This place isn't as cold as Snezhnaya, but it is still brutal compared to the mild Mondstast you've become accustomed to. Why did your party have to pass through Dragonspine?

You were forcibly punched out of your thoughts by the Lawachurl. Quite literally. You didn't realize it was coming for you with a right hook, and you crashed into a half-dead tree. You see stars. Great.

You roll out of  the way as the monsters silhouette comes barreling towards you. You felt your fingers brush against your claymore, which had been knocked to the ground right before the battle started, and coat it with electro. It's hard to concentrate though, and everything hurts and you're numb. But you must fight through!

You feel a sharp pain in your thigh, but ignore it. You keep dodging the lawachurl, landing a couple hits every few minutes, but you're getting tired way too quickly. Your moves and thought processes are uncharacteristically jumbled up and sluggish. Did you eat enough today?

You narrowly miss a punch straight to your face. Alright, this is it. It's cold, you've only had coffee for breakfast, you feel really weird for some reason, and you can barely think.

You send the biggest burst of electro you can muster into the strongest swing you can imagine. Through the snow, a deep gash in the rock can be seen, but you didn't stick around to find out who would live and who would die. You pick up Dottore and run. The first cave you find is an abandoned Fatui Camp. You practically collapse on the bed of straw, breathing heavily.

"Are you okay?" Dottore asks, brushing the dirt and snow off of his pants and glaring at you. You might have dropped him on the floor of the cave a little too roughly.