Chapter 22: Change is Fast Approaching-the True Eternity

Thoma took you to Komore Teahouse where Ayaka was apparently waiting. You needed to form a plan. With the confusion on the streets, your group slipped into the establishment unnoticed.

Thoma quickly jumped over the counter and pulled a bottle of sake halfway. The shelf flipped around revealing a secret room, and he shoved you all inside, letting the entrance close behind him.

You head down the dark stairs and into a very nice secret room. Lo and behold, there is Ayaka. She smiled in relief and ran to hug Thoma.

After reassurances and reunions had passed, it's time for the real discussion to begin.

"As you know," Ayaka started, "we're in too deep. Our only move now is to continue the offense and convince the shogun to end the vision hunt decree once and for all!" She slammed her hand on the table you were gathered around for dramatic effect, then started assigning roles.

"Thoma, you stay here where it's safe, okay? Try not to activate your vision too much because someone might sense the elemental energy." The blonde nodded in response.

"Alright, Kazuha, I need you to meet up with the resistance and lead the assault with Gorou," Ayaka continued. He nodded, and swift as the wind, disappeared in a cloud of scarlet maple leaves.

"Kunikuzushi, (y/n), and Aether..." Ayaka thought for a second, then continued. "As the strongest three fighters among us, I'm having you lead an early assault. You must get to the shogun's estate, and quickly. Here's the plan I have in mind:"

Your little trio, who coincidentally can all manipulate electro, exchanged glances, then turned your attention back to Ayaka so she could continue.

"Kunikuzushi, take out any soldiers you see, then stand guard at the entrance. (Y/n) and Aether, you will continue on inside and confront the Shogun. Any questions?"

Holy frick frack. She wanted you to confront the electro archon. Again. Alright, it's okay. It's fine. You nod, and stood up, sensing the others following your lead.

"Oh, and (y/n)," Ayaka started.

"Hm?"

"Here's your weapon. We managed to retrieve it."

You breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you Miss Kamisato."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   

You waited until nightfall to begin your mission. Kuni scouted ahead, knocking out any soldiers you came across swiftly and silently before continuing on. Aether and you trailed back by about 50 meters.

Eventually, you reached the top.

"Good luck," Kuni whispered.

Aether nodded and gave him a silent high–five. You wrapped yourself in Kuni's embrace, and pressed your forehead against his.

You turned around to face Aether, and you both nodded, pushing the doors open at the same time.

"Who could be interrupting us this time?" a familiar voice said. It was laced with rage and discontent, and it sent a shiver down your spine.

You turned the corner, and your gaze was met with a highly suspicious scene. The Raiden Shogun, conversing with La Signora.

"Ah, Zasha, long time...no see," Signora said.

"Unfortunately, for you, you are a wanted criminal in Snezhnaya, and as far as I can tell, you snuck into Inazuma illegally."

You panicked, looking at the Raiden Shogun. She was not happy with you, probably because of what happened earlier today.