💌 18. Off Jumpol

Tay really loves cars since he was 3 years old. As a toddler, he always taking his most treasured toy - a bright red Ferrari Testarossa Hot Wheels car, and rolling it back and forth on the glossy, white tiled floor of his house. The toy never left his hands, accompanying him to restaurants, his grandparent's house, and even theme park.

As he turned 5, he realized that real cars were more intricate and even more fascinating than the ones that fit in the palm of his hand. Intrigued by the discovery of the engine at the age of 5, he snuck to the driver's seat of his mom's car, shifted it to reverse, and slightly pushed down the accelerator. He learned from his mom that driving illegally was not a good acted, so he found other ways to learn about cars. He spent days reading about types of cars and at such young age, he could recognize almost any car on the road, list the number of horsepower and feet per pound of torque the engine cranks out, and the engine displacement of the car.

While other childrens dreams to become a teacher, police, and doctor, his love for cars had driven him to want to become a mechanical engineer, specializing in automotives.

That day, his father bring him drove around the city with their new car.

"Dad, can Tawan try control the steering?"

"No, son. It's dangerous."

"Please dad. There's not many cars on the road right now. Can Tawan try driving it? Just 1 minute. Please dad~"

"No it's a no, Tawan."

"Tawan will be careful. Dad can slow down the car. Tawan just want to control the steering. Please dad?"

The father sighed. It was not the first time Tay did this. So, at the ended, he allowed Tay to hold the steering. Tay sat on his father laps and with his small hands, he gripped the steering wheel tighter while his father slow down the car.

"Oho! You're so good, Tawan!" Acknowledge his father.

Got excited with his first drive on the road, Tay slightly turned the steering to the left but he didn't see what was in front him. It was a big pothole! So, his father held the steering and tried to avoid the pothole. But, there's another speeding car heading towards them. The father slammed on the brakes, veering to the left and causing their vehicle to crash into the tree.

"Tawan, are you okay?"

"D-Dizzy..." Tay started to cry in traumatic when realized his head was bleeding.

Looking at the rearview mirror, the father saw the car that he tried to avoid was already turned over. "Wait here, Tawan." Though he couldn't see clearly because of the dizziness, he still tying to get out from the car to make sure the person at the other car was okay. But suddenly...

BOOOM! 💥

A loud explode from the other car caused his body to throw back.

It was too late...

Those people inside the car - the young couple and the old man, died at the scene.

The moment Tay woke up at the hospital, he had changed. He had no knowledge about cars and he didn't remember his passion to be an mechanical engineer anymore.

"Honey..." A hand on the shoulder woke Vihokratana up from remembering about the past.

"Can you forgot about this already? It's not really you or Tawan's fault. They are the one who drove at the wrong lane."