96. Sleeping with a Sell Sword

Jaime, Tya and tyrion sat sitting by the fire drinking one last drink before the battle began.

'I wish father were here' Tyrion said surprising Jaime. 'I would love to see the look on his face when he realizes his two sons are about to die defending Winterfell' Tyrion clarified. 'and his baby girl...' he turned to Tya, a glass to her lips she cocked her brow at him. 'sleeping with a sell sword.'

'shut up.' Tya muttered. She missed him. She didn't know where he was or what he was doing, if he even cared that she was gone. If cersei offered him someone else for his services, if he took it. Tossing her aside so easily but she liked him, she really did.

'That would be something to see' Jaime agreed, 'how far his angel has fallen.' Tya slapped at him.

'bite me!' she hissed.

'I remember the first time we were here, the first time we were here you were a golden lion while I was a drunken whore monger, and tya was daddys little girl, halo on her head and everything.' Tyrion reminded him, as tya rolled her eyes 'It was so simple'

'It was not simple' Jaime told him, 'I was sleeping with my simple sister and you had two friends in the world one of which was sleeping with his sister and Tya-'

'don't say it.' Tya whined.

'had standards. Higher than a sell sword.'

'he was an anointed knight and commaner of the watch.' Tya reminded them.

'not when you were fucking him.' Jaime remarked tya shot him a glad before throwing her empty glass at him.

'I was speaking in relative terms' he told Jaime

'Do you miss it?'

'Of course I miss it'

'Oh my golden lions days are done, tyas perfect little halo fell off in the snow-' she stuck her tongue out at him. 'but your whore monger days...' Jaime teased.

++++++

Together Tyrion, Tya and Jaime and Podrick and Brienne sat around the fire them soon Davos and Tormond joined them.

'It could be our last night in the world...' Tormond told Brienne with a mischevious look.

'Yes I am glad you are here... glad you are at witnerfell fighting with us.' Brienna told him, anxiously.

'They call you king killer,' Tormond said to Jaime

'I'm sure someone does' Jaime said.

'and they called Tyrion demon mo-' Tyrion reched over pinched tya, silencing her but a laugh escaped her lips.

'They call me giants bane. Want to know why?' Tormond asked pulling up a chair 'I killed a giant when I was 10 then I climbed into bed with his wife and she woke up you know what she did? Suckered me at her teet for three months, thought I was her baby... that's how I got so strong Giants milk.' He took a drink from his horn spilling all over himself

'Maybe I will have that drink' Davos said after hearing tormonds story.

'yes, another for me Davos.' Tya said holding out her glass. This was going to be a long night, the dead were coming, any day now...

'It's strange isn't it?' Tyrion questioned 'most everyone here has fought the Starks at one point or another and here we are at the castle ready to defend it... Together.'

'At least we will die with honor.' Brienne said

'I think we might live,' tyrion said and everyone started to laugh.

'Love the optimism Tyrion,' tya told him. 'we have to think positive, we have a dragon. We are going to win! I'm going to be a useless human being hiding of course.' She told them all. 'but I'm positive, complete faith in all of you.' She told them.

'I do' Tyrion told them 'how many battles have we survived between us?' He went around the group saying all of their accomplishments. Before coming the realization that Brienne was not a knight, something she always wanted so when your about to die obviously you give everyone whatever the fuck their hearts desire, cause why not?

'I'm not a king but if I were I would knight you 10 times over!' Tormond told Brienne

'You don't need a king' Jaime said 'any knight can make another knight.' he informed her. 'I will prove it' Jaime shed his sword. 'Kneel lady Brienne...' she just stared at him though. 'Do you want to be a knight or not? Kneel.'

'Get on your knees girl!' tya told her. Brienne stood up and made her way over to him slowly everyone else got up and turned around to watch the knighting ceremony. Slowly she got to one knee before him

'In the name of the warrior I charge you to be brave' he put her sword on her shoulder. 'in the name of the father I charge you to be just.' he moved the sword to the other shoulder, 'in the name of the mother I charge you to defend The innocent.' moving his sword back to the first shoulder 'arise Brienne of tarth a knight of the seven kingdoms.' he told her and she rose. Everyone else started to clap and cheer.

'To Brienne of tarth knight of the seven kingdoms!' Tyrion shouted.

'Brienne of tarth!' Tya called out 'it is Ser Brienne now?' she questioned looking around the group as Davos poured tham all a celebratory round of drinks.