Art Date

Note: This one does take place during the His Little Food Monster main story, as they get to know each other. Please do read that one first before these to get context. I hope you enjoy His Little Food Monster and Growler Dates x

Food monster aka Bishop was smiling away whilst trying to get some ideas down. During their first date at the restaurant, he Growler aka Gibbs had suggested doing some art.

He had even said that once upon time he would have done watercolours.  So, one rare night that she had to herself she had thought of some ideas of where to go and to paint as she hadn't want to stay indoors.

The next morning before work she texted her Growler

"Morning my Growler, be safe, when you free for a date night?"

"Morning my little food monster, be safe too, when we don't have a case x"

"Sounds perfect" she replied

"Good, drive safe and be ready to go, we have a case :( x"

"Boo :( x"

It was a couple of nights later when he arrived at hers having been summoned.

"Food monster?" he called out to her as he entered her home.

"Hey Growler" kissing him deeply after appearing from the bedroom

"I could just kiss you all night"

"I know my Growler, but as this is my date we have plans"

"Lead on my little food monster, lead on"

She drove them out to a local harbour

"This is a nice view" he growled out taken in by the boats and the lights shimmering on the water

"Yes I thought so, I canvased a couple of areas and found this one has a perfect place for food and our date"

"What exactly are we doing?"

She produced a paint brush from her pocket

He laughed "ah an art date"

"Yes that okay?"

He nodded

Having locked the car she took him by the hand and took him to a perfect spot.

"Your nervous Growler?"

"Huh yes, not very good"

"Thought you would be more relaxed around boats"

He smiled, "Thank you" he softly said

Their perfect spot took in the harbour along with the option of the open water.

She got out some art materials and the two camping chairs along with some blankets for when it got cooler.

He just let her lead as she set everything up but then sat in his chair and picked up the sketch book.

"What yer going to draw?"

"Crack on with your plans my little food monster"

"Huh I see you Growler..."

He smiled

She started shaking a couple of spray paints before settling in to her painting groove as she saw it.

"You mentioned food?"

"Yes there is an amazing food truck just a few yards up from here"

"Sounds good"

After sketching a little he growled as he didn't think it was much good