Chapter 17

Chapter 17

*Lana's P.O.V*

I waited outside the door. I could hear movement, and I thought nothing of it. I was so excited to be getting married in only a few hours. The man of my dreams was downstairs waiting for me, and once Josh walked out that door, I'd be walking out of here $50,000 richer! Plus, in a few months, I'll be getting the money from daddy's will!

Suddenly, there were gun shots going off. A lot of them! I got my black ass off that wall, and I ran until I was outside. I didn't see the car, but I kept running.

"Lana!" I turned my head as I heard Carson's deep voice.

The truck was pulling up, but he was the only one inside of it. I didn't question it at that moment. I just hopped in, and let him pull off. My nerves were jumping. What was going on? This wasn't my life. I didn't live like this! I couldn't wait to get to Vegas so I could be stress free with my hubby.

"You okay, baby?" he asked me.

"Yeah. Where's-"

"Gone." He interrupted, smiling.

"Well that was quick." I smiled back.

****

"Look at all the lights!" I gushed as we walked hand in hand down the Las Vegas strip. There were clubs, restaurants, parades, everything! It was beautiful and bright. I could get used to this.

"Where's the wedding chapel?" I asked, and he smiled holding my hand tighter.

"Be patient, baby. Can we enjoy Vegas first?" he smiled, and kissed my lips.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, and with a smile, I answered.

"Hel-"

"Listen you spoiled little bitch. I've put up with shit caused all by you and Yazmin for too long. You watch your back, because I'm coming for you, and you won't know what happened, or how it happened." A slightly familiar female voice said into the phone. Who the fuck was playing on my phone?

"Who is this?!" I yelled, speeding up my walking, and looking around me at the crowds of tourists. There were thousands of people out here on the phone. What if this woman was one of them? Why am I so paranoid?

"Bitch, don't interrupt me when I'm talkin'! You and ya bitch, Yazmin, had better watch ya backs, because I'm coming to destroy you both! Because of y'all my man is laid up in this bed with a tore up chest and shit. I won't tolerate the shit no longer, so just know you've been PROMISED, not threatened and not warned. Oh, and ask your friend who her baby's daddy is." She said the last part with a chuckle.

I almost dropped the phone at the revelation. "KOREY?"

Carson's head snapped in my direction, and he stopped walking and dropped my hand like it was on fire or something. I looked at him like he was crazy as she continued.

"Bingo! See you soon, bitch." She said, then hung up. Okay, what just happened? I know we killed Jonathan! He was dead! Unless she was talking about Austin.... No, there's no way he's alive after the way Josh shot his ass like it was a Grand Theft Auto game.

"He's alive." I whispered.

------------------------------

*Korey's P.O.V*

"Watch your step, Jon." I said, as he was trying to run up the steps of his porch carelessly. He worried me, moving around like he hadn't just got out the hospital two hours ago. But, at the same time, I was happy he wasn't all injured and bruised up.