Chapter 23

Chapter 23

After I got off the phone with Trey, I saved his number and began to walk towards the table, when my phone vibrated. I was almost annoyed, because I wanted to go back to Darren.

Trey:

Dinner @ Benihana? I can come get u.

I furrowed my eyebrows. Benihana was not even close to here, it was in the next city! What the hell I look like driving an hour for some Japanese food with a nigga who don't like me? Plus, why the hell wouldn't he just take me somewhere close? We wasn't going on no date.

Me:

That's far out, we can meet up somewhere local.

Trey:

Nah ma, I'm makin it up 2 u, my treat n my gas.

Me:

Whatever, how I know u ain't tryna kidnap me?

Trey:

Lol I'm not.

Me:

Mhm.

Trey:

So u gone let me take u?

Me:

I guess.

Trey:

I'll pick u up at 9

I didn't reply, I just put my phone back up, and returned to the table.

"Everything okay?" Darren asked, putting his hand on my thigh. I had this dress on, but that didn't stop the heat from radiating through my body, or the puddle to form between my thighs. Jesus, this man!

"Yeah, thanks," I said softly, and he nodded then went back to eating with his right hand, while his left hand rubbed my thigh lightly. I don't think he realizes the effect he's having on me.

As everyone collectively began to finish their food, Darren asked me if he could show me something. I nodded and took his hand as he led us away from the table. We slipped away, walking through some of the trees.

"Where are we goin'?" I asked as he still held my hand, and led me down a small hill.

"This," he said as we got to the bottom of the hill, surrounded by flowers and a small lake. It was beautiful. "Is my father's garden. When he died, he left it to my mother, and she comes out here and keeps it up." He said and I nodded, smiling.

"It's beautiful! Do you guys have anything out here? Like weddings or anything?" I asked, motioning to the clear path.

"No, but it would be nice, I think my ma is just hesitant on lettin' just anybody be back here. This is her pride an' joy." I understood what he was saying.

"Come on." He said, letting go of my hand and jogging down the clear pathway. I gasped and followed behind him.

"Don't leave me!" I laughed and he looked over his shoulder, running faster. I narrowed my eyes at his muscular back and chased him all around the garden, until he stopped and I ran into his back and fell into a bush of yellow daisies.

"Ouch!" I said grabbing my nose. He quickly pulled me up, and held me to his body with a secure arm around my waist. I licked my lips that seemed to go dry when his intense gaze set on me.

He leaned down for what I thought was a kiss, but instead kissed my cheek, close to the corner of my lips. I felt dumb as I had my eyes closed and my lips slightly parted. What the hell is up with me?!