58

§ ABID §

Aliyah followed me to the alleyway out back. My blood was boiling to the point it almost dried up. I'd been trying to remain calm and composed. I'd been trying not to kick up a scene in the warehouse. But my patience was wearing thin. I needed answers. I was so angry... So fucking angry. I felt so hurt and betrayed.

As soon as we got to the alleyway, I punched the wall, screaming until my knuckles were red and bloody. It was her that I wanted to punch, her that I wanted to kick... But I never laid a finger on women, I wasn't a fucking woman-beater like her ex-husband Asae was. I might have murdered a lot of fucking men in my life... but I could never lay hands on a woman. It's just how my fucking mother raised me.

Aliyah stared at me with a terrified expression on her face. I didn't know why she was behaving so scared, like this wasn't a normal thing for a criminal like me to fucking do. I was a monster... and she seemed to like criminals anyway. First Asae, then me, and now fucking Steve, the kingpin of the whole organization, even more of a monster than I was. She knew what she was signing up for, the minute she started fucking me.

I turned around to face her, hardly able to look her in the eye. My knuckles were swollen, but I didn't fucking care. I was fucking fuming, and I couldn't hold back the rage inside me anymore.

"Care to explain why I just saw Steve about to fucking ram his tongue down your throat?!" I roared. "You've been cheating on me with Steve this whole time?! You said you loved me! I can't believe you even lied about where you work. You were working for Steve right under my nose, there's no other fucking reason that you'd be here!"

"Abid I - I can explain!" she said, terrified. "I would never cheat on you, I love you!"

I burst into laughter. Wow. The audacity of this bitch. Now she wanted to throw the I love you card at me... Even after I'd just caught her red-handed.

"You don't know what love is!" I bellowed.

"I love you, Abid!" she cried. "I wasn't cheating on you! I didn't do anything with Steve, I swear!"

"Well it sure as hell looked like it!" I yelled.