Untitled Part 150

I felt my heart pounding in my ears. It was like the world had stopped rotating around me. I couldn't believe my fucking eyes. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing...

It felt like I was trapped in a bad dream...

And I couldn't wake up.

"It's been a long time," he went on.

"Dad?" I asked, clutching my chest in fear. I was in shock. I was feeling a mixture of confusion, pain, hurt... Sadness.

I couldn't face this. I couldn't face him. I dropped all of the goods that I'd just collected from the shelves, and sprinted out of the shop.

I ran and I ran and I ran. One foot in front of the other, repeatedly... I didn't know what to think. My heart was pounding against my chest so hard, that it felt like it was going to jump out. I could feel angry tears streaming down my face. What the fuck was my dad doing here, when he hadn't been here for me throughout my whole childhood? Why was he suddenly popping up into my life out of the blue? Why was he casually approaching me in the store, saying Hi to me, like it was nothing? Like he'd never done anything wrong?

Like he hadn't abandoned me for all of these years?

This had to be some sort of sick joke. It had to be...