32

"Ate!" A voice yelled from the sea kaya umiwas ako ng tingin sa mga kaibigan ko. We were all at the shore, eating and singing songs sa videoke na ni-rentahan namin.

"Help!" The same voice called. 

Huh? 

"Is everything okay, Mon?" tanong ni Daphne sa akin nang makitang may hinahanap ako sa dagat. 

"Hindi niyo ba narinig?" tanong ko sa kanya pabalik, naguguluhan. The voice was loud enough for everyone to catch it.

"Yung alin?" Daphne asked, looking around as well. 

"Someone's calling out for help..." I trailed.

"Ate, help!" I heard the voice yell out again, and this time it sounded familiar, too familiar, so my heart started beating faster.

Nica?

"Ate!" Napatayo ako sa aking upuan, making my friends look at me with worry on their faces. 

"Nica??" I called.

I felt a hand on my wrist kaya nilingon ko si Kyle who now had furrowed eyebrows "Who are you calling, Mon?" Tanong niya habang tinitignan ang dagat.

There was no one there but I can hear her. "She's there." I muttered. 

Napakunot lalo ang mga noo nila. "Who is, Mon??" 

I sighed out of frustration. "My sister." 

Without even realizing, I started running to the sea and all of my friends started calling for me but her calls were the only ones that mattered.

As her calls gradually got louder, my hope grew more and more. 

I looked around to see where her voice was coming from before realizing that it was from down under.

Where are you??

"Ate!" she called once more and I swam until I got closer and closer to the sound. 

Nang mawalan ako ng hininga ay pumunta ulit ako sa ibabaw and I got frustrated because her voice began getting softer, like she was drifting farther away. 

"Nica!" I called this time when I couldn't hear her anymore. I started swimming until my legs and hands had stopped on their own. And instead of calling her name, I was now calling for help because I felt myself drowning.

"Help!" I called as I started to sink. 

"Theo!"

"Mon!" What..? Why was I calling myself?

"Mon!" I heard myself saying once more as my hands started to move once again, and then my whole body started to shake. 

"Mon!"

"Ma'am!" My eyes snapped open when I felt my body getting shaken by someone. I sighed when I saw who it was.

"Kuya Jerry." 

"Okay lang po ba kayo?" tanong niya sa akin, mukhang naga-alala. "Nandito na po tayo, kanina ko pa po kayo ginigising."

"I'm okay Kuya Jerry. Um, thank you po." He sighed before letting go of my wrists. I looked outside and found Acosta's mall and I had to remind myself why I was here para pakalmahin ang sarili ko.

Two times in a month. That's an... Improvement. I thought to myself as a smile made its way to my face.

I wiped the tears that fell from my eyes before taking a deep breath. 

Inayos ko ang make-up ko bago ako lumabas ng sasakyan, dala-dala ang mga papeles na kailangan ko. 

"Kuya Jerry, pupunta po tayong Subic mamaya." sabi ko sa kanya and he nodded. "Ingat po kayo." I said before turning around and walking to the site.