20: Camp Jaha

When the gates to Camp Jaha opened Kane led the group through the gates. Many people eyed the grounder distrustingly, but they ignored it.

In the middle of the path waited Abby Griffin. She smiled when she saw Kane and Clarke. When the group reached her she hugged Clarke, mumbling into Clarkes hair, "Thank god that you are save." But Clarke quickly ended the hug. "Yes, I'm fine." The way she said it made Abby frown for a second, but then she turned to Kane, "Marcus, I'm so glad that you are well. What happened?" Kane smiled and pulled Abby into a hug. "It's a long story. Why don't we all go inside and talk about everything. As you might have noticed, we brought guests."

Abby now turned to the rest of the group and a frown became obvious on her face. "Grounders? Why did you bring them? They are not welcome here."

"I invited them, so they stay. We will discuss everything else in the council room." With that Kane just walked towards the Ark and the others followed. Abby was too stunned to protest and just joined the group.

But before Lexa entered the Ark she ordered Indra to stay behind with the guards and guard their wagon.

The group entered, led by Abby, the council room and they all sat down around the oval table. Kane took the chancellor's seat and Abby, taking seat next to him, gave him the chancellor's pin. Lexa took the place opposite to Kane and Anya sat down next to her, while Gustus stood behind Lexa at the wall and scanned the whole room for threats. Clarke, Bellamy and Octavia sat down next to each other in the middle of the table. Murphy on the other hand had left the group to 'go take a shower' and 'not deal with this madness' as he put it.

"Hrmpf," Kane cleared his throat, "So, we are here to discuss a potential alliance with you." He looked to Lexa. "And you are the one in charge of ... the people on the ground, right?"

"Yes, I am. I am Heda, Commander in your language. I lead the alliance between the twelve clans."

"But, you're a child!" Abby exclaimed.

Immediately Lexa's face got darker and she rested her hand on her sword. "In me I bear all the previous commanders and their knowledge. I have been trained to lead my whole life. What makes you of all people qualified to judge my ability to lead?"

"Heda, this is a waste of time," Anya interjected, "A treaty has failed once before." She looked at Clarke.
"But this time Kane speaks for all of our people. He can guarantee you, that our people will uphold the agreement we reach today. Last time I could only speak for The Hundred. He speaks for all of us," Clarke responded immediately. Still Anya didn't seem convinced.

"Now, we should make a list of things we need to discuss," Kane took the lead again. He started the screen in front of him and began to type, "We need to talk about Finn, Murphy, the land, weapons, what we can give each other..."

"We need to talk about the Maunon," Lexa added.

Kane looked at her questioningly, but it was Clarke that answered his unasked question, "The Mountain Men. They live in Mt. Weather and they are the ones that kidnapped The 100. Anya and I were able to escape. But I fear that the Mountain Men will kill our people like they kill the Grounders."
Anya scowled at her when Clarke said 'Grounders'.

"So you want to join forces and take down the Mountain together?" Kane guessed.
Lexa nodded. "We can't take them on alone. We have tried for decades. But Clarke said, you know more about their technology and your weapons might match theirs."

"I will discuss it with the council, but I'm sure, they will agree to join the fight. After all our children are in danger," Kane said, "Now to the lands. I know, they were yours, but my people need land too. I hope we can find a way to trade some of the land."
"And what could you possibly offer?" Anya asked sarcastically.

"I have thought about that," Clarke started and all eyes turned to her. "Of course, we have some Moonshine we could trade. Naturally that's not enough. But I've worked with Nyko and with our combined knowledge we could help so much better. Your healers know everything about how to heal with herbs and plants and can tend to injuries like fractures well. But our doctors have a vast knowledge about the human body. They can operate to tend to inner injuries and have a different knowledge about healing. If we can combine both practises, we can do so much good." At the last words she looked to her mother. "Then we can help in the fight against the Maunon. It was Maunon in your language, wasn't it?" Anya and Lexa nodded and Gustus grunted in agreement. After the Mountain is defeated we could establish trade. Like farming. Monty for example told me, he could grow everything.

"Yes," Lexa hold up her hand to stop Clarke, "I get the idea. But we can't have peace while your people shoot mine on their own land."

"I know," Kane said, "This morning made this clear. I will collect all the weapons and only give them to trustworthy people. And I will have to review everyone in the guard. It seems, not all of them are fit for this much power."

"We lastly needed to talk about the Skaikru boys you call Finn and Murphy," Lexa started, "I need to remind you, that Murphy kom Skaikru is forbidden from ever entering TonDC again for threatening the lives of TonDC's people with a fayogon. Finn was unfortunately killed trying to attack me. Clarke decided, that his funeral should happen here with your customs. So we brought his corpse."

Before anyone could say another word, the door was thrown open and Indra stormed in...