41: Carl Emmerson, Mt. Weather Security Detail

Clarke groaned in frustration. It was quite the struggle to get the spotter into the air lock and now that they tried to question him, he only repeated the same thing over and over again, "Carl Emmerson. Mt. Weather Security Detail." Over and over again like a broken record.

Indra wanted to torture him, Abbys guards stopped her. Kane wanted to kill him, Abby stopped him. The situation brought out the worst in them. They all were on edge. They all wanted to get their people out of the mountain, but didn't come a step closer to achieving anything.

Well, almost. Clarke had found a tone generator to keep the reapers at bay. Now she was with Raven at the radio.
"Can you replicate this?" Clarke asked.

"I can try. If I get the parts together for it. The sound part will be the biggest problem." Raven's words gave Clarke's hope quite the damper. She just needed some good news. And if they could go through the reaper tunnels, they would find doors easier to crack than the front door.

"Okay, get to it then," Clarke demanded.

Raven's face immediately went sour, "Don't boss me around, Clarke! I know how bad this is, i don't need you on my case as well," and after a short pause she added, "And I'll immediately get you when Bellamy radios with an update."

Clarke nodded thanks and went out of the room. She had to clear her head. But outside she was just met with people training for the war and the small group of grounders that accompanied her and Skaikru looking at each other with distrust. Tomorrow at sunrise every last fighter of Skaikru would leave to join the great army. Clarke wondered, how they were supposed to fight together when being so divided. But their common enemy unified them. Everything else was a problem for the future.

Later that day, Raven informed Clarke, that she and Sinclair would have two new tone generators ready in the evening. That gave Clarke a little hope back. But Bellamy still didn't radio in and slowly Octavia and Clarke got worried about him. And while Octavia had Linkon to console her, she had no one. Yes, she could have talked to Kane or her mother, but she needed a friend and not another fight with her mother or the wise words of Kane.

Finally, when the sun started to go down, there was an update. The speakers of the Ark crackled to life, "Clarke Griffin, Chancellor Griffin, Marcus Kane, report to the tech corner."

Octavia, Linkon and Indra were already in the room with Raven, when Abby, Kane and Clarke entered.
"What is it?" Clarke wanted to know.

"Bellamy just radioed in. He needs to talk to you," Sinclair gave the radio to Clarke.

"Bellamy, do you copy?" Clarke waited anxiously for a few seconds and then she got her answer, "I her you loud and clear. I hope you're okay, Clarke?"

Clarke smiled. They didn't always see eye to eye, but they still became friends over time and it was good to know, that despite everything, he cared for her well-being.

"As good as can be. What is your updated," Clarke turned the talk back to the important stuff.

"Things have changed here," Bellamy started and he sounded worried now. "They locked our people up and I don't know how many are dead already. Maya said, the president wanted to integrate our people into their society, but I think this plan has changed. Things could get really bad every second now. And I didn't have any luck with the acid fog so far."

"But your still alive and still going," Clarke interjected, "keep it up and disable this fog. I know, you can do it. I'll distract them from you as long as I can. We can probably buy you some time and get them looking at the outside."

"Thanks, Clarke," Bellamy smiled. Then he got serious again, "But one last thing. There are children here. Please tell me, we have a plan, that keeps them alive."

"We have," Clarke assured him, "you need to get the people out of the cages. They are an entire army and the Maunon will never look this way. can you do that?"

Bellamy looked at Maya, she looked back at him, doubt written all over her face. Then Bellamy shrugged his shoulders and said into the radio, "Maya and I will do that. Absolutely no problem."

"Good. Better get to it then. And stay alive," Clarke plead.

"Will do, boss, over and out," Bellamy smiled again and looked at Maya, who weakly smiled back. "We better get to it then. Who has keys for the cages?" Bellamy asked.

Maya just looked at him and then down to his waist. Quizzically Bellamy looked at her. And followed her eyes. Down to the keys he took from Lovejoy.

"Okay, let's go to the cages first and then I'll get rid of the acid fog." Bellamy wanted to leave, but Maya stopped him, "I'll go to my father. Maybe i can prepare some resistance from the inside and find out what happened. let's meet back here in the morning."

Bellamy just nodded and took of to the cages, while Maya got to her quest.