11: Warming up to the Grounders

Soon everyone danced and the three Skaikru blended in with everyone else. As the evening proceeded, the songs got slower and more and more people left. They all had to get up early in the morning. Anya came back as Alura and Nyko were dancing together to a slow song and Clarke, Bellamy and Octavia just sat near the slowly guttering fire, watching them. Anya approached the three and said, "You should go to sleep now. Alura has agreed that you all can sleep in her tent. Tomorrow will be an eventful day and you'll want to be well rested."
So they got up and Anya led them to a tent near her own one. In the tent were three sleeping isles with furs prepared for them and they all laid down very soon after Anya left the tent. Clarke immediately went to sleep and Octavia followed soon after. Only Bellamy was restless in this new environment, surrounded by people he considered enemies just yesterday. He took longer to drift to sleep and even than it was a very light sleep.
Bellamy woke up in the middle of the night. Someone was in front of the tent. He lifted his head from his pillow. There were two voices in front of the tent. The female voice said, "Ai krei gaf in gon we nau. Ste taim en de worheda gaf ai in stomba raun. (I really need to go now. It's late and the general needs me well rested.)" The deeper voice answered, "Jos komba raun gon ai hou! (Just come to my home.)" There was a short silence and then the female voice said, "Kei (Okay)" and the steps went away from the tent. Bellamy relaxed a little and soon drifted back to sleep...
The next morning they were woken by loud banging. Clarke blinked the sleep from her eyes and saw a strangely happy looking Anya banging her sword against a metal shield. Clarke groaned and slowly stood up. She saw Octavia standing up as well, but she definitely was more awake than Clarke was. Clarke was just not used to waking up early like Octavia was. Bellamy on the other hand just turned around and continued his sleep. Anya moved closer to him, but he just covered his head with a fur-blanket, not at all fazed by the noise. So Anya took Bellamy by his feet and dragged him out of the tent. Clarke and Octavia stood there in shock for a second, then followed behind and stepped out of the tent just in time to see Anya pouring a bucket full of water over Bellamy, who immediately woke up sputtering.
"We will have breakfast in ten. Meet me at the fire pit," Anya stated as a matter of facts and left. Bellamy, still soaking wet started to complain to the girls, "What the fuck! Why the hell did she do that? This is typical grounder. No compassion for anyone!...Stop laughing! This is not funny." He turned to Octavia, who couldn't hold her laughter in anymore. "Well, next time you should just get up," Octavia stated under extensive giggling. Bellamy glared at her and Clarke just roller her eyes, but she smirked as well. "We should go to the fire, if we want breakfast," she reminded the siblings and just walked away. Octavia and Bellamy looked at each other and then followed Clarke.
When they reached the fire Anya was already there with a tired looking Nyko and Alura. When Nyko saw the soaking wet Bellamy, he approached the Skaikru and asked, "Shall we find some clothes for you? If you stay in these, you will get sick." Bellamy just looked at him, not knowing what to do with this offer, so Clarke answered for him, "This is a good idea, Nyko. Thank you." With that Nyko led Bellamy to his hut and yelled to another grounder, more the size of Bellamy, to lend them some clothes in Trigedasleng.
Meanwhile the door of the guildhall, as Anya called it, opened and people moved to get in. Food was prepared and there was a buffet at one side of the room. Anya and Alura led Octavia and Clarke there and helped them decide what to eat, because they knew half of the foods displayed at best. In the end Clarke went for bread with cold cuts and Octavia decided for a cold stew thing with some other kind of bread. Anya went for oatmeal with some berries and Alura went for mini-breads with cold cuts as well. They went outside again with their plates full and set around the fire pit. But there was no fire in it. They ate in silence and at one point Bellamy and Nyko joined them with food. Bellamy had oatmeal without berries and Nyko also had this stew-like dish. "I really don't like this pants, they're too tight," Bellamy complained immediately after sitting down, but his complaints were weakened by the slight happy glint in his eyes when he stroked his shirt. Octavia jokingly jeered, "Stop stroking your shirt, we know, that you secretly love your new clothes and start eating before it gets cold!" Bellamy overheard his sisters teasing and started eating.
Clarke was touched by seeing brother and sister like that. It wasn't uncommon to see them fight, because Bellamy was taking his protecting to far. But he seemed to warm up to the grounders and maybe he would one day see eye to eye with her on this matter. Seeing everyday life mad them so much more aware of a side to the grounders, they never saw before. Not as the enemy, but regular people.

A/N: Sorry for updating so late, i didn't forget you, but I was at a concert until now. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, feel free to comment, like etc. Good day/night😌