Chapter 18

The woman sat on the floor, shards of glass surrounding her. She was staring at herself through one of the shards, her blonde hair use to be full of life, now her hair is stringy with grease and almost seems like it's white. The glass makes it's way in her thumb, blood starts to run down her hand. She wears her favorite white dress. A door slides open, but she doesn't look up. She already know's what's going to happen. As soon as the guard had come in he had slapped the glass out of her hand, he yanked her up and took her out of her small cramped room. He took her into a larger room, this room, however was empty except for one chair. It looked just like any other chair, but she knew very well what secrets lied behind that chair. They were very unpleasant secrets.
The peacekeeper strapped her to the chair, first her wrists and then her ankles. She waited for him to enter the room. Mean while, the peacekeeper was filling a syringe. She would not be reveling the secrets of the chair today. No, instead she would experience something far worse.
He came in, wearing his white suit, the same one he came to visit her in. He walked to her, his voice raspy he said.
"Hello, Madge. How are we today?"
She didn't respond.
"Oh come on now, you're a grown woman. Don't you think you're a tad old to be playing these games?"
No response.
"Very well, but you know I only like one game," he talked with such confidence, such intelligence. It made her sick. "Are you ready for your question today? Remember, you have one chance, so answer carefully, my dear."
she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
"How long has Peeta Mellark been planning the rebellion?"
Tears streamed down her face, she whispered. "I don't know."
Snow pulled her chin forward, her eyes staring into his bright blue ones, chills go down her back.
"Wrong answer."
Pain shot through her. It started in her neck, then it spread to her head.
Intense pain was all over her body, it was as if someone had dipped her into acid.
Then the hallucinations started.