Chapter 2

After I finish breakfast I head down to the bakery. I bake and ice cakes, doughnuts, cookies, ect. I did that until three, then I made my way to the hob. I had never really been to the hob before, but there wasn't much to see. Since it had burned again people stopped working on it. It was an outdoor market now. I bought some flowers and went to Katniss's old house. I saw a small shack, it was alone in a meadow. I went in, dirt and dust covered everything. The whole house was pretty much one room, the living room to the left and the kitchen to the right. A table on it's side divided the two. There was a small bathroom and one bed room with a large mattress. She probably shared with her mother and sister. I stepped into the living room and a small crunch sound was under my feet. I lifted my foot up and knelt down. I picked up the frame.
It was Katniss.
Her hair in two braids and a blue dress. She couldn't have been more than twelve years old.
Twelve.
This was a picture of her first reaping. I shook the broken glass out and flipped the frame over. I pushed the pins away from the cardboard holding the picture, the cardboard fell into my hand, along with the picture. I looked at the picture one last time, then I folded it and put it in my pocket.

• • •

I stand over their grave. Katniss and Gale's. Though I didn't care for Gale, he was one of few who did notice me. We could've been friends. I place the flowers on her grave. I stand there. I don't know what to do, really. I miss her, that's all I feel. I loved her and my father said not to trust her, that she'd get me dead. That she never loved me. I knew he was right when she offered that I be the one to pretend to die. I still loved her though.
When I saw her over Johanna's body, not wanting to leave. Like she did with Rue. I loved her. I still do. Tears stream down my face. I wipe them away with my sleeve. I turn away, my legs shaking. I take small steps, getting farther and farther away from her.
I know Snow killed her.
If I can't have her back, I can do what she would have wanted.
What she knew was right.
Whether Madge supports me or not, there will be a rebellion.
I'm determined.