Chapter 6

"What do you mean?"
She rolls her eyes.
"Oh please, you want a rebellion. Everyone knows it. Especially after Katniss..." I looked at my hands.
"It's that obvious?"
"Duh."
She went and locked the door and poured something into a cup. It started to steam.
"Tea?"
I shake my head. I look around the room, it's red paint is chipped and there's a mattress on the floor. The makeshift living room, containing an old couch and plastic chair are close to the door. A pot of hot water and tea bags lay on a table against the wall.
"How can you help?" I ask.
She pins back her hair and sits in the plastic chair.
"I'm a rebel myself, I go down to District Thirteen on the weekends." she takes a sip of her tea.
"District Thirteen? I thought it was blown up, nothing but rubble."
She stares into her cup.
"No," she swishes around the liquid in her cup. "They wanted you to think that, they're probably more advanced than the Capital, well, for living underground anyways." She looks up and lays back in her seat.
"How old are you exactly?" She has the body of a small underfed thirteen year old. The slightest breeze could tear her apart.
"Sixteen." she takes another sip.
Only two years younger than me.
"Could you take me to Thirteen?"
"Of course."
She answered it so simply, as if it was obvious. I'm blown by how calm she is, how she wasn't scared of the Peacekeeper, the gun shots, of me. I probably killed the Peacekeeper, but I honestly don't care. I blame the Capital for what they've done to Katniss, what they've done to me.
"I was instructed to take you there anyways. I was actually going to leave today for Twelve," She looked at me. "Do you want to take Madge?"
"No." I said quickly.
She raises a brow.
"She can't handle it right now, with the baby and everything, it wouldn't be good for her."
"Okay...." she put her cup down.
"We leave tomorrow," She got up and picked up a blanket from the mattress.
"You're taking the couch, Bread Boy."