Chapter 4

I slip under the fence, scratching my hand in the process. I don't know how Katniss could do that everyday without getting a scratch. I inspect my hand, a small cut is bleeding. I wipe my hand on my hand and ignore it. Nothing really hurts anymore. I go into the woods, the ones that remind me so much of the arena.
I still have nightmares, I just bite back the screams. Waking up in a cold sweat, my heart pounding. I shake the feeling off and sit against a tree. Gale lost his life in these woods, all because I let Katniss get away. Because those stupid Peacekeepers held me back. I don't want my child growing up in a world like this, whether I want it or not. I hate the fact that I don't even love my baby, but it's hard for me to feel anything, forget about emotions. I think back to the arena, when Katniss sat there, dazed and confused. She had gotten stung by trackerjackers. I screamed at her to run, once she did Cato came, cut my leg. I remember how much it hurt, I don't even know how I got away from him. Then Katniss found me. Part of me says that she just wanted to get home, care for her family. But I want to believe she did it because she really cared about me, that she loved me. I couldn't have survived without her. I hated that I couldn't do anything to even help, I even picked deadly berries for us.
I laugh at that.
I was so stupid. I slowly get up. I start walking, I don't know where I'm going, but I don't stop.
I don't want to stop.
I just keep walking, moving forward.
Hopefully to start a new life.
To end up in a district.
To rebel.