Yelena Belova is a good distraction

This text was requested by avengerswriter4eva, I hope you like it!

You had been doing schoolwork, and prepared yourself for your exams, non-stop the last five days, and now you were thinking about studying the whole weekend too. Studying was all you did, and since it took all your time, your girlfriend got slightly frustrated.

She had made dinner, and you hadn't even touched it, but kept your nose in the book you currently were reading and had been reading for the last two hours. Yelena called it the book from hell, since it sucked the energy out of you like a demon.

"Aren't you hungry?" Yelena asked as she took the macaroni that she had made for you and held it out for you to take. Instead of politely declining the food, you shrugged her off.

She took the macaroni and walked out of your shared bedroom, and then all you heard was the loud TV in the background, disturbing your peace.

"Can you turn the volume down?" you yelled out annoyed by all the noise. Soon enough the TV couldn't even be heard, you had even tried to sit there on your bed and quietly listen if there was something else to complain about.

Not even forty minutes later, Yelena came back to check on how you were doing. Standing in the doorway, arms crossed, disappointment all over her face when she realized you were nowhere near done.

"Do you want to watch a movie with me?" she quietly spoke out, doing her best to not to provoke you.

"No. I need to study, if I don't then I basically don't have a future," you hissed at her, being mean to her even when she asked a sincere and innocent question.

"Hey, I didn't go to a school like you, I turned out fine, didn't I?" she heart-warmingly joked, in hopes of making you laugh, but failing miserably.

"Well, S.H.I.E.L.D. took you in because you're a widow, I have to go to the academy to be something other than just Maria Hill's puppet, I swear to God, that woman orders me around more than you do!" you said angrily, wanting to throw the book from hell at the wall.

"Last time I checked you like being ordered around," Yelena said sarcastically, and went on, "I'll give you one more hour, and then you need to relax, before you end up breaking our furniture."

Then she walked out again, and the silence in the apartment was all that could be heard. You could hear your heart beating, that's how silent it was. Like no one was around, and you were floating somewhere else where space and time acts differently, and you were frozen on your bed, but you looked at everything in a new way, an out of body experience.

It was refreshing, until you thought about Maria Hill. That woman bossed you around like she did it just to torture you. Maybe she was the key to solving your problems. You stood up and found some of the mission files Hill had given you. There was a bunch of details on how to use what you had learned in classes, what to do in an actual situation where bullets were flying through the air, bombs went off, and you were stuck in a bad position.

You felt so dumb, but so happy at the same time. Maria Hill had given you the answer without you acknowledging it.

"Lena! Where did you put the mission files from the Attack on New York, 2012?!" you practically shouted while your head was starting to spin. Just seconds later, Yelena came in with the files in her hand, you reached out hopeful, but she held them over her head in a teasing manner.

"Give them to me!" you said and tried to jump to get your hands on them.

"You've been working too much, babe. We are going to relax before you even think about going through all of this. It's the same size as the bible, there is no way that you're starting on it tonight," she stated with a serious tone.