❝ 𝟹𝟺 ❞

╔════════════╗ CHAPTER 34╚════════════╝·ʜɪs ʜᴏᴜsᴇ·

╔════════════╗
CHAPTER 34
╚════════════╝
·ʜɪs ʜᴏᴜs·

Ara took a deep breath while clenching her fist in Jungkook's palm. Taehyung had just left a few hours back and Jungkook had to start packing for Ara's and his stay at the Kim's house.

Shin Hye was sitting next to the window, just like Ara and Jungkook were in the middle. "Nervous?" Jungkook asks her with a small giggle. "I don't want to go there, Kookie..." She sighs, resting her head on his shoulder.

Understanding the reason why he pats her leg "It's going to be fine. If you stay with me, you'll be safe. I promise, I'll protect you" He says, assuring her that he will always be there for her.

"I don't trust you" She grumbled, looking at him with a pout. "Why don't you?" He frowned. Why didn't she trust him? He was her favorite... or so he thought.

"You would trade me off for a snack coupon" She whined, gently punching his thigh. "I would not! I'm not that petty" Jungkook denies in disbelief.

"Stop lying to yourself, you know very well that you will" Shin Hye jumps in, chuckling. "When you were her age, you were ready to sacrifice Jimin to some people in a cult so they'd give you beef jerky" She added.

"Well, what'd you expect me to do? I was half naked and starving!" Jungkook exclaims. "Why were you half naked?" Ara asks. "He got lost in our own backyard because of 4 trees that surrounded him, and ended up jumping off the fence and ran into an actual forest out of our property, and he dragged Jimin along with him" Shin Hye chuckles.

"Oh just remembering these chaotic times makes me tear up. You were such a sweet little boy, Kook" She laughs and pinches his cheek softly. "Eomma~ I'm still a sweet boy" He whines, smiling.

"Halmoni, he almost killed me for hiding his console" Ara tattled fearlessly, her lips forming into a pout that anyone can fall for. "Awe, is lil' Ara upset about something that happened 2 months ago?" Jungkook teased while talking in a weird, baby-ish way.

"Jungkook, act your age. She's your little sister" Shin Hye scolds playfully. He chuckles and kissed her cheek "Okay I'm sorry, happy now?"

"Whatever" She grumbles, uninterestedly looking out the window with her arms folded against her chest. Shin Hye's eyes soften as she looks at Ara and then back at Jungkook. Both of them understood that Ara is trying her best to divert her mind from the current situation.

The one person she trusts the most is a country away, her arch-nemesis will be with her in the same house for who knows how long, and on top of that, her dada is on a very dangerous mission with Jimin, and god knows if he'll come back alive or not.