❝ 𝟹𝟼 ❞

╔════════════╗CHAPTER 36╚════════════╝·ᴀ sᴛᴇᴘ ᴛᴏᴏ ғᴀʀ·

╔════════════╗
CHAPTER 36
╚════════════╝
· sᴛᴇᴘ ᴛᴏᴏ ғᴀʀ·

Waking up, the first thing she heard was a familiar laugh. In disbelief, her eyes shot open as she sat up and scanned the room.

She gasped loudly when she saw her beloved father, sitting on the edge of the bed while talking with Jungkook. "DADA!" She squealed as she jumped on him from behind.

He laughed and brought her in front of him, hugging her tight. "Missed me?" He asks with a chuckle, caressing her soft hair. She hummed, burying her face in his broad chest.

"A lot"

Taehyung placed her on his lap and pecked her lips gently. "Did my appa bother you, honey?" He asks, moving the hair out of her face.

She glanced at Jungkook, asking him for help. She couldn't successfully lie to Taehyung, not when he was staring into her soul like that. He knew how to get the truth out of her and he didn't even have to try.

"He did bother her" Jungkook muttered under his breath, looking down. Ara shot him a glare, he promised her he'd keep it a secret. Taehyung expected this answer.

He knows his father better than anyone, he would never believe that Hyunbin didn't disturb his daughter in his absence. "What did he do? Did he hurt you?" Taehyung asks, cupping Ara's face.

Ara saw Jungkook opening his mouth to answer, and he would probably tell him the truth. So before he could say anything, she said "No! N-not at all. Jungkookie protected me"

Her answer and the way she replied seemed rushed, and too unnatural to be the truth. "Jungkook! Come down and help Eomma cook!" Shin Hye yells form downstairs.

"Coming Eomma" Jungkook yells back as he runs out the door, shutting it behind him. Taehyung caressed his daughter's cheek and asked "You don't have to lie, my love. You can tell me, there is nothing to be scared of" He says in a gentle tone.

She sighed, looking down. "He threw a knife at me" She said. Taehyung's jaw clenched and his eyes darkened. "Where?" He asked calmly, but his eyes showed anger.

"My waist" She replied in a much softer tone.

Taehyung lifted her shirt up and felt the bandages area on her stomach. "That fvcker" He mumbled under his breath. "How many days has it been?" He asked.

"Less than a week" She almost whispered, avoiding eye contact. He lift her chin up to look at him "What did Jungkook do?"

"He knocked your appa out and now he's covered in bandages, he's just hiding it with his baggy clothes" She replied. "He protected you, right? Should I go have a talk with him?" He asked.

She shook her head immediately "No dada. He kept me safe, I only got hurt because he was hurt too. But he made sure your father got what he deserved. Don't scold him"