31 - Morning Talk

Y/n woke up in a daze with a headache that disoriented her vision. She ran her hand into her hair and applied pressure with her palm to try and relieve it but it barely did anything so she had to lie there in pain. Though the second she tried to get up she felt something holding her down. As she rubbed her eyes she looked over to see Hunter his his forehead burried between her and the blanket beneath them.

Her face filled with color and she covered her hand with her mouth but also tried to not wake him too suddenly. Honestly they couldn't stay there forever but he held her so scared even in his sleep.

"Hunter..."

"I'm awake." He says clearly. Not in the morning voice of any sort either, in his normal, brittle, teen voice. "I didn't sleep."

"... All night? You've been like this all night?" He nodded and held her tighter. "Are Eda and the others here?" He nods again. "Did they say how Makashi is doing?"

He lifted his head away but stared blankly with a hint of embarrassment in his eyes too. "Eda said that he's stable again. He lost a lot of blood but they got a transfusion in time and his foot should heal properly."

Y/n let out a huge sigh of relief and relaxed. "That's good. How about Marley?"

"Luz said he's shaken up still and wants to know more about how this all happened, and where the people are that caused all this." He explains.

She hums as she feels her head ache slowly dissipate. "At least one of them is..." She shook her head. "I have no idea where the fabulous freak is but I'm more worried about the big guy named Henry." She says. "He barely did anything to help the other two but something about him says he's more dangerous."

Hunter holds his breath at the thought. "We tied up all the other guys and called the authorities. They shouldn't be a problem."

Y/n nods and wraps her arm around to place her hand on his shoulder. "And how are you? Are you okay?"

"I feel like I should be asking you that." He says with a small laugh. It wasn't funny but he didn't know how to respond. His laugh only died down to a realization of helplessness. "You could have died."

"But luckily you were there in time."

"By a fraction of a second! I was terrified!" He yelled.

"You had every right to be scared but yelling at me now isn't gonna do much."

"I don't know how else to respond to this! My head is yelling at me and I don't know what it's saying but it's making me anxious and the only way I've known how to deal with that is to yell or fight!" He sits up. "You only think about others and you're fully willing to just let yourself die for them! That's the problem!" He points a finger at her. "That kind of behavior will get you killed and it will affect everyone around you, then what?"

He grabs his wrist and points it away from her. "Oh don't act like you don't behave the same way!" She barks back. "Sure you're a little more wary about your own life but that's because you've devoted it to anyone other than yourself!" He leans back in shock as if she had just opened his eyes. "I didn't have anyone to protect before but now I do and I need to make up for all of that! You've always had someone, I haven't!"

He glances at the ground and his eyes zoom around with disbelief. "Hunter. We're both strong we just need to find more strength for the other aspects of ourselves."

"Y/n listen for a second." He clenched his hand and hides in his arm resting on his knees. "I've already dedicated my existence to you and there's no going back from that. Not for me at least." Y/n blushes in shock. "If I live for nothing but myself I won't find anything."

"Well-" she clears her throat into her fist. "What happens if I do die? Then what?"

He shifts and get on one knee, with his palisman I and taps it on the ground. Perfect posture, direct and devoted eye contact, and the other hand in his knee. "From this day forward I pledge my existence to your legacy. Dead or alive, as long as I live nothing but your praise for you will leave my mouth."

"Did you do this for Belos?" He shook his head. "Huh... Well uh." She gets down on a knee too and calls her Palisman. "From this day forward I pledge to, uh... Never let..." Hunter raised his eyebrows in anticipation. "Never let your allegiance result to your downfall and... To keep you and myself safe 'til either of our deaths."

They both share intense eye contact before Y/n jerks a little in laughter she tries to hold in. This caused Hunter to laugh too so they both just begin laughing with each other and sitting on the floor. "You're an idiot?" Hunter laughed and grabbed her hand.

"You started it." She snickered. "I think we'll be fine... Don't worry I'm going to therapy." He snickered louder.

~
~
~
~
~
~

I know it was short, it was meant to be

Published: Aug 19, 2022

Thanks for reading, Don't forget to vote!★