8: Did you feel free?

Once we were both out of the water and dressed we walked back up the hill

Once we were both out of the water and dressed we walked back up the hill. Well, Zion pulled me up most of the way.

We came out of the rows of trees and walked over to the car. He opened my door.

I slid down into the seat and took a deep breath pulling my door closed. He ran around to his side and got in.

Once we were back on the main road, headed back to town he handed me his phone. It was already unlocked and had a list of playlists pulled up. I smiled as I grabbed the phone from his hands scrolling through the list.

I picked 'Breakeven by The Script'

Before I sat the phone down on the center console I glanced at the time at the top of the phone.

2:47pm

Wow, it didn't feel like I had been with him since almost 7 this morning.

I looked over at Zion.

He was watching the road until he saw me looking at him. He turned his head towards me and we made eye contact.

I panicked and turned my head forward. Fast. I know he saw it.

"Fuck" I said out loud. Throwing my head back against the headrest.

He chuckled really loud.

Which made me laugh too.

He reached over and grabbed my hand off my lap and laced his fingers through mine. We stayed like that in silence, listening to the music. Stealing glances at each other.

After getting directions to Sierra's house

After getting directions to Sierra's house. I pulled up into her driveway and turned the car off.

She turned to look at me. "Thank you for today." She said then reached into the floorboard for her fanny pack.