S2 chapter ⚀

Three months later

“Din, please wake up!” I yelled reaching down to check his pulse feeling nothing “Din please, I need you don’t leave me” I held the necklace he handed me a little tighter “Meria we need to go!” Cara yelled up the vent and I let out a sob  squeezing his hand one last time before sliding down.

I woke up in a panic tears falling down my face as I looked down not seeing Din beside me.

I quietly got up working my way up the ladder, my arms and legs were shaking out of fear and something else- but I silently prayed to the force that it was just a dream as I opened the door.

Din turned his chair around at the sound and I let out a sob “Meria? Baby what happened?” he walked over to me hugging my tightly “I thought I lost you, that it wasn’t just a dream” he squeezed me tighter and we just stood there in each others arms, he was hesitate to let go of me and I didn’t want him to.

“I’m sorry for getting up, I wanted to come check on the ship make sure we were still going in the right direction” I nodded my head softly letting go “it’s not your fault, it was just a bad dream, yo- you didn’t wake up and I had to break the news to everyone” my voice cracked as I started talking about it again and he rubbed my back softly.

“I’m alive and I will never leave your side, no matter what” he mumbled as I nodded “I don’t know what I would do without you” I whispered and he held my hand softly

“you should go put something other than my shirt on, we’ll be there soon” he said and I looked down, my cheeks going red as I nodded leaving to get dressed.
✧─── ・ 。゚★: *.✦ .* :★. ───✧

I was walking on the other side of Grogu’s egg crib thing, the city lights far behind the three of us as we emerged out of the shadows and into the streetlight.

The sun had set and the only light was the streetlights as it reflected of of our armor, both of us, Din and I had toughened up exponentially since the fight on Nevarro at least I have, after almost loosing Din that day I learned why it was so important to be tough.

The nightmares had made me weaker so I had to build myself back up- when I was in public of course.

As we walked through the empty streets I noticed how creepy this place was “it’s like a ghost town” I mumbled as Din nodded “it’s inconspicuous” he replied and I returned the nod.

To  anyone we just seemed like two Mandalorian's  who were working together to help a kid, in reality we were two Mandalorians' who are a couple helping out their child, this really shows when we fight because we tend to bounce off each other, literally and figuratively.

I ignored the growls coming from the red eyes as I glanced down to Grogu who looking around with wide eyes, so I reached over and rubbed the tip of his ear as he smiled, staying quite.

We found our way to a door where I stood beside Din, the guy at the door looked us up and down “we’re here to see Gor Koresh” Din said as the guy glanced to the child in between us he let out a happy Coo and the guy stepped to the side “enjoy the fights” he grumbled his voice sounding strange.

I could feel eyes on me as I walked so I flashed my lightsaber hearing the door shut immediately “stop using that thing to scare people” Din mumbled and I held back a laugh “fine” I rolled my eyes and saw the fights.

I made sure Grogu was still in front of me as we walked quickly finding who we needed to see.

I sat beside Din letting Grogu float beside me “you know this is no place for a child” I let out a laugh “he’s seen worse” I mumbled as I looked over to him his eyes were wide as he enjoyed the fight “wherever we go, he goes” Din replied as I turned back to the conversation “so I’ve heard” Gor let out a chuckle as I rolled my eyes.