S2 pt. ⚄

I heard Din arriving to the cockpit and I smiled “get in your seat, we’re here” I turned back and he nodded “Grogu get in your seat” I nodded towards his seat and he cooed “hey I’m serious, get in your seat” he looked up at me and climbed back into his seat. I

landed the ship and Din stood up stretching as we left the ship Grogu came down with the metal ball in hand “this stays on the ship, I’ve never had run ins with a Jedi before, there’s not much to see out here anyway” he huffed and I laughed “you got him?” I questioned and he nodded placing Grogu in his bag.

We headed to town to pick up a lead, and I hid my lightsaber under my cape getting a suspicious vibe because of all this.

We soon made it and my leg was killing me, but nonetheless I would be fine “state your business!” a guy yelled and Din stepped forward “I’ve been tracking for a few days looking for a layover” Din replied and the guy tilted his head “nice armor” he said and I put my weight on my good leg “you two are hunters then?” he asked and I nodded “that’s correct” I replied and he nodded slightly “Guild?” I looked to Din and he nodded “last we checked” I replied hoping we could find somewhere to rest soon.

The gate opened and I huffed and we started to walk through the streets, mine was more of a limp “how’s your leg?” Din whispered “it couldn’t be better, just a little sore” I assured and he nodded slightly.

Din approached some one for information when two guards approached us “the magistrate wants to see you” we turned slowly and looked at each other before following the guards.

We stopped outside two open doors and their were prisoners in shock cages “help us” one of them groaned soon getting shocked as the doors opened and I turned my head away quickly walking inside.

There was a woman by a pond of sorts and Din and I both stopped “come forward” she said and we both walked forward “you two are Mandalorian?” she asked and I nodded “that’s right” I replied and I looked into the pond “I have a proposition that may interest you” she said and I looked at Din “our price is high” he said and I looked down to Grogu quickly “this target is priceless, a Jedi plagues me I want you two to kill her” she said and I looked to Din “that’s a difficult task” I started and she shrugged “one that you both are well suited for, the Jedi are ancient enemies of Mandalore” I moved my cape to further hide my lightsaber and Din moved his to hide Grogu.

“as I said our price is high” I stood my ground and she motioned for one of her robots to walk forward it handed her a staff and I looked at Din “what do you make of this?” she asked and I turned to Din he walked forward examining the staff hitting it on his arm and I focused my attention  “kill the Jedi and it’s all yours” Din handed the spear back and returned to my side “where do I find this Jedi?” He asked and I turned to him and after we found out they led us outside. “what is that thing?” he noticed Grogu and I squeezed my eyes shut “it’s a good luck charm” I replied and he nodded confused.

I watched as Din tumbled over falling trees, ducking under some.

“keep your eyes open!” he called back and I smirked I watched from afar as Ashoka jumped in attacking Din and I stayed back wondering how far it would go, din attempted to grapple her but she jumped over a tree lifting Din before he dropped to the ground and the turned to each other ready to fight again.

“Ashoka Tano, it feels good to see a familiar face” I joked and she smiled at me “I missed you skykid” she joked, coming to hug me “I missed you too” I hugged her back and Din cleared his throat.

“Right, Ashoka this is my friend Mando, and we need your help” she nodded leading us to a little fire.

“We need your help training the kid” Din said and I coughed “Grogu” I cleared my throat as he turned to me and I smiled “I can’t help you” she said and I tilted my head “why not?” I asked confused “his attachment to you is too strong, we’ve both seen what attachment can do to a fully trained Jedi” I looked down “but we’ve seen what no training can also do, we can’t risk it, please Ashoka” I pleaded and she looked down “I can give you some information if, and only if you help me” I looked to Din and he stepped forward “what is it?” he asked and I walked back to Grogu sitting beside him.

A Mandalorian and a Jedi, nobody will see it coming, sadly I can’t be there or else my leg may fall off.

After messing with Grogu and the metal ball Din decided we should get back to the ship, “I’ll be back, change your bandages and watch Grogu” he squeezed my hand and went to walk away to where he was meeting Ashoka “Din!” I called as he turned, meeting me half way “I love you” I held his hand lightly and he held mine “I love you more princess” he mumbled lightly pressing his forehead to my metal one.

I fixed my bandages and decided to clean the sleeping quarters up and get rid of some of my crap, I started with my bag dumping everything out onto the floor as Grogu  hobbled over to me curious to what I was doing.

I spotted an old picture and I laughed picking it up Grogu turned to my confused and I showed him the photo of me as a child causing him to laughed as I glared at him, “that’s me as a child, when I first became a jedi” I whispered placing it beside me alone with all my other photos and I put them back into the bag.

Hours past and soon enough I fell asleep with Grogu in my arms.

I may be late to school but I have priorities