s2 pt. ⚃

I woke up to knocking on the door and I looked down seeing I was in completely different clothes “hello?” I called and Din opened the door “I came to check up on your leg, you can go back to sleep if you want after” he walked over sitting down “we’re currently on the way to Nevarro to get some work done on the ship” he explained and I groaned rubbing my eyes.

“ouch!” I exclaimed as he examined the cut “it’s ok just a little swollen” he looked at me wiping my eyes “good morning, and get ready” he left me to got ready.

After I got ready I waited for Din to appear in the belly of the ship “you cut your leg and almost broke the same foot in one day, your resting” he handed me Grogu and I shook my head “I want to come along, if your that worried you can just carry me” I argued and he shook his head

“get on my back”

“what?” confusion laced my voice as he turned around “does to hurt to sit?” he asked and I shook my head “then get. On. My. Back” I shook my head again “if my leg starts to hurt I’ll take the offer but I would crush you” he froze turning to face me “this is a how much you weigh thing?” I looked away embarrassed as he placed Grogu in his side picking me up.

He set me down carefully “not that heavy princess” I rolled my eyes getting off the ship with him close behind.

The door didn’t go down attack the way and that meant no easy exit for me at least “looks like someone is in need of repairs!” Greef joked and Din helped me down “I was talking about the ship but your pretty bad too” I rolled my eyes fake laughing as I picked the kid back up “how’s our credit around here?” Din asked as I shifted my weight to one leg “I think something could be arranged, isn’t that right marshal?” Greef asked and I smiled “I’m sure we could work something out” she messed with the child “it feels like his growing but at the same time no at all” then Greef reached out for him chuckling.

“what happened to you?” he asked and I shrugged “just a little scratch” Din looked at me and I shrugged “she was being irresponsible and not watching her back, and got her leg quite literally cut open” Cara nodded “sound like something you would do” she patted my shoulder and I huffed.

I was falling behind and I was limping and enjoying the booths, Nevarro seemed so much happier now  and brighter, people were roaming the streets and there were some kids, like toddlers beside their mother’s looking at me in awe.

“Meria!” Din called and I waved to one last kid handing her a sucker that I bought before running to join the others.

“this place is a school now?” Din asked and I smiled softly “did you not see the toddlers outside?” I asked him and he shook his head “we’re going to leave the little one here so we can talk business” Greef said and I looked to Din “wait, wherever I go he goes” I grabbed his hand softly pushing his helmet to look at me “Din, he’ll be ok here, it’s safe” I linked pinkies with Din as he nodded “fine, but only because I trust that it's safe” I smiled, a giggle escaping my lips “totally not because of me” I mumbled.

I hung back for a bit to see what they were learning “The capital of the old Republic was within the Core on a planet called Coruscant, The capital of the new Republic is currently on the planet Chandrila” I kept that in mind and left to go catch up. “there she is, satisfied with what their learning?” Cara asked and I nodded “do they learn about Jedi history like order 66 and stuff?” I questioned and Greed nodded and I smiled pulling Din back a little further.

“don’t say it” he warned and I squeezed his hand “but Din, its perfect here, we could settle down and become a little family, I could attempt to train Grogu” he tilted it head “Meria, baby, my sweet girl, as much as I love that idea we have to do what’s right for the kid, whatever that may be” he put his arm around me as we kept walking behind the others.